Do you have a dog and an Android phone or device? Good news! We’ve scoured the Android app store, Google Play, for the very best apps for dog owners.Whether you want dog first aid at the ready, to keep track of your dog walks, or find other dog owners in your area for a pet playdate, one of these cool apps is right for you.
Here are our top 5 favorites (in no particular order):
PetFirstAid gives detailed step-by-step instructions and video for taking the best possible care of your dog in an emergency.
1. Pet First Aid (Jive Media, Inc.): The Pet First Aid app is one of those you hope you’ll never need, but if the time comes that you do, Pet First Aid by Jive Media is one of the better organized, easy-to-use, and informative pet first aid apps available. With step-by-step illustrations and detailed videos, including restraint, muzzling, CPR, bandaging, and more, this app is a must-have for any dog owner on-the-go. What’s more, the first aid articles, illustrations, and videos are embedded in the app, making them all available even when you’re offline!
Available for $2.99 by clicking here or searching from your android device.
2. MapMyDogWalk (MapMyFitness, Inc.): MapMyDogWalk is a fun, interractive app that encourages the always important activity of walking your dog, while making it more fun and interesting. Track the route, time, distance, speed, pace and calories in real-time using your GPS enabled mobile device. This app will motivate you to walk longer, further, and to switch-it-up with new routes and paths.
Available for FREE courtesy of Subaru by clicking here or searching from your android device.
Want to meet other dogs in your area, mark your territory, and see who's walking their dog nearby? Check out DoggyDatez!
3. Doggy Datez (Apetite Labs): DoggyDatez is a free location-based platform that makes it easy to find new doggy friends and have more fun while walking your dog. By “marking your territory”, you’re taking ownership of an area (200m radius) in the physical world and seeing who else “visits” your spot, just like dogs do! Plus, you can search for other dogs by age, breed, and gender to find new doggy friends in your area to play with! Looking for another Golden Retriever to play with yours, download Doggy Datez!
Available for FREE by clicking here or by searching from your android device.
4. PupTox (Darq Software): PupTox is a handy categorized listing of over 250 things that may be toxic to your dog. Great to have on hand when shopping for new plants and flowers for the garden, or when your pup decides to feed himself from under the kitchen cabinets. Is it toxic to your dog – PupTox may have the answer.
Available for $0.99 by clicking here or by searching from your android device.
The adorable Weather Dog app adds a little cuteness to your standard weather app, enough to make you smile, even on a dreary day!
5. Weather Dog (FTRD UK): The Weather Dog app is a fun weather application. While not much more informative than the one that’s already on your smartphone, this one is WAY cuter! Using the Accuweather 3-Day forecast, Weather Dog creates animated scenes depicting the current weather in your area. The fun part, an interactive animated dog responds to the weather conditions during the day and night that provides an experience that is a lot more entertaining than your standard weather app!
Get it FREE by clicking here or by searching from your Android device.
Do you have any Android apps you simply can’t live without as a dog owner? Tell us about them!