Celebrity Pets

Actress Alyssa Milano Rescues Abused Dog From South Korea

BomiIn April of last year, California-based rescue organization, The Fuzzy Pet Foundation, received a plea for help from a South Korean animal rescue group, CARE, with a badly abused and neglected Jindo-mix dog.

The dog had been raised and bred many times for South Korea’s dog-meat slaughter industry. She was found tied to a pole, covered in sores and suffering from severe mange. While she was kept close to a dog house, her chain was so short she could not reach it to lay inside. Her young puppies were found nearby, frozen to death and lying in the dirt.

Rescuers from CARE named her Bomi, a Korean word that means “Spring.” After providing veterinary care and offering her the love she deserved, they contacted The Fuzzy Pet Foundation (TFPF) in hopes of giving her a better life.

TFPF worked tirelessly to arrange Bomi’s transport from South Korea to Los Angeles, but needed funding to make the rescue possible.

Upon hearing about Bomi and the efforts to save her, actress and animal lover, Alyssa Milano – who has 10 rescue horses and 4 rescued dogs of her own – generously funded the rescue mission, the flight to LA, and made sure she received the very best veterinary care possible.

“She’s in a foster home, she’s completely cleaned up, all of her skin infections are gone, she’s happy, she has doggy playdates, and she gets along with everyone,” Milano said. “It’s pretty miraculous!”

Check out Bomi’s amazing transformation in this touching video:

1. BJ Yosh

Jan 27, 2014 at 1:56 pm

Bless you’re heart, Alyssa!! Loved you ever since “Who’s the Boss?”

2. dawn henri

Jan 14, 2014 at 8:07 pm

make me cry why not? they’re gorgeous!

3. Lynn

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:48 pm

There are also thousands of dogs right here in the USA that need saving. I am very glad Bomi was saved. Please consider helping to stop the slaughter of hundreds of dogs a DAY in Maricopa County, Arizona. Our “shelter” system is broken and these adoptable dogs are killed even tho there are empty kennels to hold for a potential adopter to come & save. The people running it need to be changed to humane, compassionate, & willing to rehab dogs too.We need volunteers to help make the change, we need funds to help the animals, we need YOU! Contact me for more information. You don’t have to live in Arizona to help. A commitment to save lives is a must.

4. kadee

Jan 14, 2014 at 10:18 am

Thank God for people like Ms. Milano!
    We need more people in the world like her!

5. Nicole

Jan 14, 2014 at 2:58 am

Miraculous!! This story touches my heart. Shows what love an animal can give, even through being neglected and abused. It also shows humanity at best and how much more good people we need in this world. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am an animal advocate for animal protection, welfare, and equal rights and stories like this always stick. Keep up the great work TFPF.

6. Lori

Jan 14, 2014 at 1:47 am

Thank you Alyssa Milano! You are a wonderful person! And I honestly believe there is a special place in heaven for all animal lovers!! Thank you again!

7. Sol

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:27 pm

You are a great human Alissa! Bless you doll. Thank you for helping ♥️

8. Ann

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Alyssa you are a terrific person . My gawwwd she’s such a beautiful furbaby . God bless you , and may you be blessed ten fold for your generosity , determination and love

9. ivana Thomas

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:22 pm

I am full of joy ,seeing what you people do for this wonderful dog. Thank you from deep in my heart for saving this her.

10. Ellen

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Alyssa Milano, I’ve always admired you as an actress, and now I find I admire you even more knowing you have such a large beautiful heart!!, thank you for your beauty!!