Canine Rights

Tortured Dog Draws Worldwide Attention, Huge Reward Offered

In Weatherford, Texas last week, a poor dog was found tortured and left for dead, her muzzle held shut with electrical tape and 5 deep gashes over her body. Rescuers weren’t certain if the little mixed-breed dog would survive.

A passerby saw this badly injured small dog Monday morning in a pasture on Baker Road about seven miles south of Interstate-20 in Parker County. She had several deep incisions on her body, and black electrical tape wrapped tightly around her muzzle. Her swollen tongue dangled out of the front of her mouth. She could not drink or pant to cool herself. She was rescued and named Hope. Hope is expected to recover from her abuse. Photo credit WFAA

But just over a week later, the little dog, now called “Hope,” is recovering beautifully – and getting much-deserved attention from around the world.

Rhonda Sears, a veterinary technician who has been caring for Hope, told WFAA News in Dallas/Fort Worth, “Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, England — people from England want to adopt her.” Parker County Sheriff, Larry Fowler added, “The Netherlands, London, Illinois, Arizona. The list goes on. Illinois, Indiana, Iowa.”

Even greater than interest in finding this loving dog a home, is finding the person that did this to her. Sheriff Fowler said that so many donations have be received, they can offer at least a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the person that committed this awful crime on Hope. With the way donations are pouring in from around the world, it looks like that reward might be more in the $50-60k range. “We’re looking for any information,” Sheriff Fowler said. “Anything.”

WFAA News said,

Anyone with information on Hope or her abuser should contact Parker County Crime Stoppers at 817-599-5555. Reward offers can be funneled through the Sheriff’s Office at 817-594-8845. The Texas Humane Alliance encourages anyone with information contact the Sheriff’s Office.

1. Therefore, each and every stone is different
    and the best way to get rid of it is best figured out by a qualified medical professional.
    There are many myths that have been floating around the internet about cures for tonsil
    stones. Removing tonsil stone might be reasonably straightforward contrary
    to what other folks could feel.

2. deb spanhake

Nov 15, 2013 at 10:37 am

We need to rid the human race from such horrible people such as who done this to this poor animal No animal deserves this from mankind. It is us who should out thing sin place to make sure this doesn’t happen to the innocent animals who cannot tell us or help themselves from this abuse We need to rid the problem people start with removal exile even death at least let them feel the same pain inflicted send a strong message so others know this is what they can expect. We need to protect those who cannot protect themselves from the horrible humans out there the better race is not protected as well they will continue to do to us as well Nope, eliminate these kinds of people

3. Rick Siegfried

Nov 2, 2013 at 2:45 pm

This scumbag better hope we don’t find out who did this. It should hope it is locked up forever, because if I ever run across this piece-of-shit on the street, it will disappear in the most prolonged, painful way. Seriously.

4. Javier

Oct 29, 2013 at 8:45 am

Let me find the person who did this to that poor dog. I’ll give him/her the same treatment. Maybe even worse…maybe a lot worse and I’ll deliver them to the jail personally! I hope that person enjoys hell, because thats where I’ll praying they go!

5. Dirk R

Oct 28, 2013 at 10:05 am

Another reason to hate humans.

6. Robert

Oct 27, 2013 at 11:29 am

The person who did this was indeed being evil and clearly depraved to purposely torture an animal. The evidence I see points to either a lone young person experimenting and taking cruelty on an animal to a next level, escalating, or, a group using the dog as sacrifice in a blood ritual/initiation type scenario. The intentions may not have been to kill the animal, or it was but the dog escaped somehow and lived. In any case persons this dangerous to animals only seem to get worse, if everything we’ve read and seen the past 30 years is true. John Douglas says there are 35-50 active serial killers at any given time, and anybody who does this to a dog is capable of doing worse. Let’s hope that reward gets claimed.

7. Ollie Berger

Oct 26, 2013 at 2:00 pm

If her mouth was shut with electrical tape that may be someone who was extremely fed up with her barking. I know dogs that bark incessantly and make people mad enough to want to hurt them. I don’t agree with this but dogs can be a nuisance sometimes with their barking and it causes people to act badly.

• Dirk R

Oct 28, 2013 at 10:07 am

Dogs can’t MAKE anyone do anything and there are simple ways to stop barking for anyone who can read!

8. AB55

Oct 25, 2013 at 12:50 pm

I hope they find the monster who did this to Hope, what a beautiful dog. I just don’t understand people these days.

All an animal wants from us is love, companionship, and feed them give them a nice warm place to sleep, and give them some toys to play with. Unconditional love.

I sure wish I knew who did this, it would not be a pretty picture for that person.

I pray Hope finds a special home with lots of love for her.

9. dawn stanback

Oct 21, 2013 at 10:50 am

I hope and pray that who ever did this gets caugt.i love dogs and she is so cute.i would love to have her.she would get all the love she needs.

• EB Ebright

Nov 5, 2013 at 5:00 am

Dana,
      I rescued a dog that looks a lot like this beautiful fur-baby & she is just a sweetheart in dire need of a loving family that would welcome her into their home & family. I don’t know where you are located if you are not that far away & maybe you might consider taking her & making her a part of your family. I could find a way of getting her to you. Please take all the time you need to make a decision. Also, you can contact me at the e-mail address I provided anytime & will be glad to give you a ph# that you can call & talk to me for more info. I will be looking forward to hearing from you. If you say no I will completely understand. I have pics & a video I can also provide. I am a big time animal activist which if you read my comment I posted on here you will see that I am.

Yours Truly,
      Denise

10. Timothy Nickoson

Oct 20, 2013 at 12:09 pm

This S.O.B needs to be found and have there balls wraped in tape and see how they can take it.This poor baby did not hurt them this is just plain mean and I hope they are found and get thrown under the jail !!!!

11. Tami Leek

Oct 14, 2013 at 12:57 pm

I would just love to get my hands on the person(s) who did this! This poor little baby girl – how she must have suffered until she was found. I am so greatful that there are still good people left in this world. And a big “thank you” to the woman that found and saved her! I am happy to hear that Hope is recovering and hopefull she will not be scarred emotionally from this abuse, because God know she will bare her scars on her poor little body. Hugs and Kisses to Hope! xoxoxoxoxo

12. Linda Finch

Oct 13, 2013 at 11:37 am

I understand the feeling behind many of the comments wanting to do the same to the individual who tortured Hope, but then you become a torturer yourself. Hardly a good solution, and mirrors the insanity of killing someone to prove that killing is wrong(ie capital punishment). Prison sounds like a possible solution, as they are sick and a danger to society. There is a good thing coming from this. Look at the world response and the passion we all feel not to let this happen again. That is truly Hope!

13. Debbie Burks

Oct 11, 2013 at 10:51 am

I have a farm and I am a retired registered nurse who would love to nurse hope back to health but not sure who to apply to! I raise Maremmas and have lots of experience with dogs – although I am not a breeder! It is obvious Hope is very scared and shy and is going to need alot of patience and kindness and love!!!! As for the person who did this, duct tape their mouth, hands and feet shut, beat the shit out of them and throw them in the ditch!!!! If they make it out alive prosecute! Anyone who would do this to any animal would be just as cruel to a human and doesn’t deserve to exist! COME ON TEXAS, WAKE UP…REPORT…SOMEONE SAW SOMETHING…HEARD SOMETHING!!!! ANYONE WHO KNOWS ANYTHING AND DOESN’T IS JUST AS CRUEL AND DESERVES SAME PUNISHMENT!!!!

14. EB Ebright

Oct 8, 2013 at 11:12 am

THIS IS THE EXACT REASON THAT I FEEL THE WAY I DO & WILL UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE, THAT THERE IS NOTHING HUMANE ABOUT A HUMAN BEING! I AM ASHAMED & EMBARASSED TO BE PART OF THE HUMAN RACE & HAVE LOST ALL HOPE FOR HUMANS & HUMANITY. US HUMANS HAVE REALLY FAILED THE FUR-BABIES! IT WAS HUMANS THAT WENT & DOMESTICATED THE FUR-BABIES, WHICH MAKES IT OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE CARE OF THEM & KEEP THEM OUT OF HARMS WAY WHICH HUMANS HAVE FAILED MISERABLEY & THAT IS SAD! IF PEOPLE WOULD STOP & TAKE THE TIME TO LISTEN THERE IS SO MUCH THAT WE COULD LEARN FROM AN ANIMAL THAT WE WOULD BENEFIT FROM. BUT WE HAVE TO SHOW THEM THAT WE ARE WORTHY OF WHAT THEY HAVE TO TEACH US. I’VE NEVER WANTED SOMEONE TO GET THE AFTERLIFE KARMA MORE THEN I DO FOR THE POOR EXCUSE & WASTE OF SKIN SCUMBAG(‘S) THAT CAUSED THIS FUR-BABY SUCH MISERY. I HOPE THEY ROT & BURN IN HELL!

15. NANCI LITTLE

Oct 2, 2013 at 11:18 am

I am not a violent person but I could easily kill the MONSTER that did this, NO hesitation, NO guilt. God hates SADISTS so even if they think they got AWAY with this? They WILL pay, you can bet on it! I do hope some good person gets to collect the reward though, and we can all dance the day this POS meets a big… a VERY big… dog lover….. in PRISON.

16. ryan b.

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:24 am

I can only hope that there is a Satan and a hell for this inhuman piece of crap who did this. If I had my way, when he/she is captured, there would not be a need for Satan or hell. Even Satan wouldn’t want them after I was finished with them.

17. Caroline Couch

Oct 2, 2013 at 8:33 am

This is a sad and disgusting example of what the human race has become. This is why I prefer animals to people! Looking at the wounds on this poor baby reminds me of a documentary I watched recently on serial killers, and how they get started. It’s as if someone was deliberately torturing Hope, and if they would do this to a defenseless animal, then who’s next? I hope they catch the SOB who did this. Justice isn’t vengeful enough to make them pay for what they did in a way they deserve, but nothing can make up for that poor baby’s heartache and pain. I hope that she finds a forever home to truly treasure her the way she deserves, and I pray they’re able to take the sadness and pain from her heart and eyes.

18. Lawrence Travers

Oct 2, 2013 at 8:21 am

Until laws are passed that place real, appropriate penalties on animal mutilators nothing will change.
    Sociopaths do NOT have the capacity to respond positively and learn to stop certain behaviors with our cerebral and jail time consequences.
    We need to use painful penalties….e.g. waterboarding on a monthly basis or beatings for more offences.
    Animal abusers and mutilators “don’t grow up to be cowboys”….they grow up to be our future rapists, child abusers, and serial killers.

19. Concern

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:58 am

This person is a monster .If he did this to a dog imagine what he would do to a human .
    I hope he will feels much better .

20. KarenO

Sep 21, 2013 at 2:00 pm

I hope they find the person or persons who did this — soon. That is a dangerous individual.
    I hope you get the loving, forever home you deserve, Hope.

21. kate manice

Aug 26, 2013 at 10:11 am

Am so happy that this little dog now has a bright future ahead. And may the perpetrator be brought to justice. With all the $ contributed here, it would really be nice to see some of this put aside to help other unfortunate pets in that area…..may God bless all the kind people here!

22. BKMart

Aug 2, 2013 at 9:13 am

Sheriff Fowler,
    If you catch the person who did this contact me and I’ll see to it the state of Texas needn’t spend money on a trial. I’ll even pay my own way there and back…

23. Lea Ann

Aug 1, 2013 at 9:32 am

They need to find person or people that did this and do the same to them.

24. Victoria Arriaga

Jul 24, 2013 at 9:27 am

I do NOT understand why anyone would do this to. I love animals and seeing and hearing about this hurts, the person that did this should be tortured and left for dead, but that’s just me talking not like that would actually happen to the person, the law would just put him/her in prison.
    To me I see animals as toddlers, they don’t know that much but they know just enough. They know when something not right, but can’t ask for help or fight back.

25. pym

Jul 24, 2013 at 8:26 am

i am pretyy old so i’ve seen the animals rights and animal welfare movement make big advancements in the last 30 years.(and animal rights ,animal welfare are NOT the same thing) i probably wont be around to see it but i hope someday all living beathing creatures can enjoy their lives whatever their life is. i also hope that someday
    people who torture creatures will be spat on & shunned and spend many, many years in jail. i also hope for vigilantes who will administer the same punishment to these “humans” as was done to the creatures.

26. Bonnie

Jul 10, 2013 at 9:08 am

Does anyone know if the person or persons who did this to poor Hope were ever caught?

27. Lorraine

Jul 10, 2013 at 8:46 am

I am appalled at this story, I would willingly follow the an eye for an eye and turn the tables on the abuser. I would be more than happy to treat the abuser the way they’ve treated this poor innocent animal. If there were stricter penalties for abusers, perhaps incidents would lessen or if the abusers got the same treatment, they may think twice before they were cruel to anyone human or animal.

28. Igor

Jul 3, 2013 at 8:19 am

There are a lot of Michael Vicks out there.

29. Kalik Crick

Jun 30, 2013 at 4:59 pm

I won’t be surprised if the person who did this turns out to be a future serial killer or is one.

30. Dan Cimino

Jun 27, 2013 at 1:13 pm

God gave us the gift and made us the caretaker of all the animals that share this planet with us. This dogs life is as valuable as any other life including human.

The person that did this should face “eye for an eye” justice. The culprit should be fed to a pack of wild dogs !

31. Kobi Corlette

Jun 22, 2013 at 2:36 pm

OMG!!! I am a pet lover and to see what a heartless person has done to a animal any kind of torture should be put away for ever and given the same treatment as the dog was !!! How can anyone do a horrible thing to a dog ,cat, anything that is helpless like they are ?
    I want to say Thank God for the person who helped this puppy you are a Angel and a very special person I only wish this world had more like you out there.
    God Bless you

32. manny

Jun 20, 2013 at 8:50 am

I hope they catch the person or person involved asap. i will be a happy man. the perpetrators of this abuse should be jailed in solitary confinement till their trial.

33. youdontwannaknow

Jun 18, 2013 at 9:36 am

if you hurt or abuse animals of anykind or handicapped people in front of me or i see it then ill come after you and ill break your arm or wrist and that will make you think twice about doing something like that. the liberal world and lax punishment they get here enables these people to do these kind of acts.

34. youdontwannaknow

Jun 18, 2013 at 9:32 am

i had a bad childhood and got hit in the face with a belt etc. but i always loved animals more sometimes than people, so the ‘lax arguement’ that he might have been abused makes it sound like an excuse for those bastards, they know what their doing, its their CHOICE remember. animals go by instict and humans by choice which is sometimes the worst. think about it.

35. youdontwannaknow

Jun 18, 2013 at 9:27 am

these bags of dirt who do this to animals should be put in a real life movie that is just like SAW…and ill be the one riding the little tri-bike.

36. april

Jun 6, 2013 at 4:32 am

What is wrong with the people in this world!!! Animals abuse leads onto abuse fullstop-wether it be childen, adults or what-FACT. Infact seriel killers and paedophilles started with animal abuse. THIS HAS TO STOP. We the public NEED to speak up for the voiceless and get TOUGH laws into place fo animal abusers. It matters not if its an animal or a person they feel, they bleed, they have hearts etc etc. In fact animals are alot more compassionate than alot of people!
    Dogs ‘mans best friend’ when did people forget this saying? I havent-never will! This needs to be remembered. Dogs help in the army, they protect, sniff out bombs, drung dealers, ciminals, they help the police find bodies/solve crimes, they help the disabled, they sniff out cances, they rescue people, they are the most loyal thing on this planet, they love-they ae AMAZING!!!! PLEASE WE HAVE TO STOP THIS SOMEHOW-BE THEIR VOICES-IF YOU LOVE ANIMALS!!! 🙂

37. leah

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:27 am

Frankly, listening to most of you who are ready to kill and torture the person who did this makes me wonder…do you have a bible anywhere, maybe you can read it. But forget religion just on the premises of compassion no one shows any. Most people who abuse have been abused as children, so think about it and know that punishment does not help anyone get less abusive, therapy, love and healing does.

Become lovers and spread brotherly love to everyone you meet, that will help reduce violence and abuse immediately. Your angry responses shows you are not there yet, you rather focus on blaming and pointing the finger. Sounds like the inquisition is building up.

• Dan Cimino

Jun 27, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Maybe you should read your bible before you invoke it and make the critisism you have levied on the responders here. Complacency which you seem to want to grossly convert to compassion is the ultimate sin as it lets every other sin occur. It’s liberals like you that have created this sick society where dispicable characters like the one that committed this crime should get a big hug and be forgiven. Well you are 100% wrong !

• Elaine

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:39 am

HONEY…I AM A BIBLICAL SCHOLAR AND GOD CLEARLY STATES NUMEROUS TIMES THROUGHOUT THE BIBLE , WHAT HE WANTS DONE TO MURDERS AND RAPISTS…THEY ARE TO BE PUT TO DEATH, PERIOD ! GOD ALSO STATES THAT IF YOU DO THESE THINGS, THEY WILL STOP HAPPENING AMONG YOU!!! SO, I THINK YOU MUST BE ATTENDING A CHURCH THAT GIVES YOU A BORING, HOUR LONG TAPING OF THE DR. PHIL SHOW INSTEAD OF THE WORD OF GOD, LINE BY LINE AND PRECEPT BY PRECEPT. BETTER GET YOURSELF A STRONG’S EXHAUSTIVE CONCORDANCE AND START TAKING IT BACK TO THE ORIGINAL HEBREW AND GREEK TEXT. BECAUSE, I HATE TO INFORM YOU THAT PAUL DIDN’T RUN AROUND PREACHING WITH A KING JAMES BIBLE TUCKED UNDER HIS ARM AND HE DIDN’T SPEAK THE QUEENS ENGLISH, WHICH IS TRANSLATED AS SUCH IN THE KJV AND OTHER BIBLES TODAY…OPEN YOUR EYES, LEST YE BE DECEIVED!!!

38. Doc

Jun 2, 2013 at 8:41 am

I am glad that everyone is taking an interest to care for this dog and to find the person that did this cruelty to it. But what about all the humans that are being terrorized on a daily basis? What about the kids that are abused but the justice system consistantly fails them? Why are we outraged about that more than this dog? Don’t get me wrong, animal cruelty is wrong, but let’s have more passion about going after those who abuse humans (children and adults)!!!!

• Doc

Jun 2, 2013 at 8:43 am

*** Correction ***

Why aren’t we outraged about that more than this dog?

• eleni russell

Jun 18, 2013 at 8:59 am

There are many comments on here. Some are useful, some are not, abusing children is another issue, and “most” human beings are outraged at people abusing their children, abductions, etc. etc. So for you to say that “we”
      the so called animal people do not have more passion, thats absolutely not true. We are commenting on the abuse of a small, helpless dog, that looks
      to “humans” to be its caretaker. Children are born to PEOPLE, and those people are responsible supposedly to take care of their children, we have agencies, the laws, etc, to try and protect the “innocents”. If i saw a child abused, i would report it to the authorities, thats what th is person who found the dog did. Why do you take issue with it? The animal was tortured and left for dead, and yes, people do that to their children, we are outraged but also feel helpless as individuals. Instead, we try and
      make ourselves heard on websites like this, so we can voice our pain wheter its a child or an animal.

• Elaine

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:31 am

BECAUSE THIS IS ON A THREAD ABOUT AN ANIMAL THAT WAS ABUSED HORRIBLY. YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME DOC TO START A THREAD ABOUT OTHER ISSUES BUT THIS IS THIS ISSUE AND TAKE YOUR OTHER ISSUES ELSEWHERE WHERE THEY ARE APPROPRIATE TO YOUR CHOICE OF TOPIC…THANK YOU!

39. JRHososso

May 25, 2013 at 10:17 am

So by not cutting the tap immediately this makes them not much better than the original subhumans as far as I can see…………..

40. NoPets4Me

May 21, 2013 at 9:36 am

I don’t have a pet because I don’t have the time or space to properly care for one, so the best thing is for me to not have one. That being said, I cannot understand the cruelty of mistreating an animal and hope the person(s) that did this is not only caught but prosecuted to full extent of the law! Seeing this poor little pooch makes even an old jaded person like me rethink re-working my home/life to care for a rescue animal. It takes a cruel heart to do that to that dog.

41. Bill Roach

May 21, 2013 at 1:47 am

What subhuman, satanic creatures could commit these sick and soulless acts upon that poor baby?

Dogs are LITTLE PEOPLE – NOT PROPERTY!!!!! They are our social counterparts, our friends, our co-workers, and members of our families. They have the same emotions that we do, and have an average intelligence level equivalent to a 3 to 5 year old human child. Unlike cats, birds, fish, or any other type of “pet”, they have actual jobs in our society. They serve as police officers, soldiers, rescue personnel, personal care assistants / handicap service helpers, couriers, and are the loving companions of the lonely and the marginalized.

They are the beloved playmates of our children – and are themselves our foster children – children to the childless – or supplication and comfort to those whose children have already fled the nest. They love unconditionally by default.

Why…that’s all I’m asking – just “WHY?”

• Sheila Mahoney

Sep 12, 2013 at 10:58 am

I have been reading all of the comments that were posted about the abuse of this poor little defenceless dog,and I must say that I have never heard such ignorance in all my life. The people can’t even spell correctly, what a shame to be so uneducated. But I must say Bill that I totally agree with all that you had to say. Very well put, written and spelled right. I am a lover of all animals and Children and despise anyone that will abuse either. As for all of those that say the person that abused this poor little defenceless dog was also abused as a child, I strongly disagree with what is being said. I myself was abused as a child and throughout some of my marriage until I finally stood up for myself, it in no way made me an abuser of any CHILD or ANIMAL whatsoever. I could never see putting a defenceless CHILD or ANIMAL through anything like I had been through, for I know how the pain is and to inflict that upon another human being or any of GOD’s little creatures is unforgiving in my eyes.
      My whole family are animal lovers and would never ever harm any animal unless we were being attacked, but we would try to remove ourselves from the situation instead. I have a story of the love that our family has for animals. We live in South Carolina, but don’t get me wrong because I know that there are abusers in our state as well as every other one in this world.

My oldest granddaughter who is a senior in highschool now and 17 yrs old was attacked by a dog when she was 18 months old and no she wasn’t doing anything to the dog to cause it to attack. As a matter of fact she had been playing with the dog along with her Siberian Husky for most of the day and they were getting along really well, until the dog turned on her and about tore her face off. She never even cried, but let out a little whimper and as my daughter and her late husband looked down and seen all of the blood they were the one’s that lost it understandably. The dog lunged back at her and at that time my son in law caught the dog and tried to choke it out so that they could get their baby to the hospital. It didn’t happen in South Carolina, but instead it happened in Georiga as they were attending a wedding. Come to find out the dog had bitten another child just months before and the police did nothing about it. Anyway, you would think that that would have made her afraid of dogs forever, but on the contrary. She loves all animals and they have 5 dogs, 2 cats, 1 rabbit and a guinea pig and she takes extremely good care of all they’re pets. You can’t tell that she was ever attacked because there are no scars, outward or inward. So what I am getting at is that just because a person was abused as a child does not make them grow up to be abusers, but I’m not saying that’s the case with all people I’m just speaking from experience on my part and people that I actually know.

I want to thank you so very much Bill for such a wonderful comment as to the jobs that our four legged companions do every day, and being well said and also spelled correctly. My heart goes out to HOPE and I cry to think that people are actually that cruel. A child that shows abuse towards a little dog, cat or any little animal for that matter, should be the one that’s disciplined and taught right from wrong so that they know the act of abuse is unacceptable to any human being or animal. That is the parents responsibility to raise their children to be compassionate towards all life, whether it be a person or an animal. The parents that don’t correct their children and let it continue to happen just shows the child that it’s ok to abuse little animals. But once the animal strikes out from the pain they are the one’s that are punished. So we have to be they’re voices since they can’t talk and tell us what’s wrong, or what happened.

I just had to put my two cents worth in after reading all of the other CRAP that was written and badly misspelled. Maybe some of these people will go back to school and learn proper english and how to spell, but I doubt it.
      God Bless all those that help to rescue and care for all of the animals that are abused every day in this COUNTRY, you all are truely a GOD SEND…

Let’s see how many negative comments I get from this posting, and I could care less about the negativity. But I strongly believe that the person should be held accountable for their actions!!!!!!

• Elaine

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:12 am

Sheila Mahoney…Take your arrogantr , better than anyone else attitude and shove it where the sun don’t shine. Don’t come on her with your BS PC nonsense. In fact STFU!

• Nena Miller

Oct 9, 2013 at 8:03 am

Child abuse does not necessarily lead to one abusing people or animals. I do believe that some people just are not “wired normally” which is sad. I do not believe that abuse is always predictable. Some of the most “normal” people, who are neighbors lead very secretive, sick lives. We must all be vigilant, keep our eyes open nd report any abuse of animals or people. I do hope they catch the monster who did this ad I wish that the punishment would fit the crime. I must comment that when people don’t spell correctly, which obviously bothers you, I don’t think it this is really the venue to comment upon it. I do however hope the best for Hope

42. Donita Kinney

May 18, 2013 at 11:18 am

I agree with everyone comments except the idiot ones. I love all animals and I feel so bad for this little pooch. I would shoot anyone I saw abusing any animal here in Florida it the greyhounds that get abused and killed. Thank God for Tony Stewart who tries to rescue these beautiful animals and he finds a good home for them. I really hope they find this vile idopathic idiot and kill him. DOWN WITH ALL ANIMAL ABUSERS!!!!!!!

43. Jamielightfoot

May 7, 2013 at 4:00 am

What happened to that poor dog was horrible,BUT last week I was reading about where some satanic cult taped a 3 day old baby’s mouth shut with tape and taped her to a board and burned her alive on a bonfire. People who mistreat animals often progress to harming people. It all points up to the fact that we need a whole lot better mental health system in this country. If we could catch these abusive people while they are still children, a lot of suffering could be avoided. Something to think about….

44. william

May 4, 2013 at 10:48 am

Anybody out there who knows who did this… repond to this posting with their name(s), addresses, etc., and me and by boys will pay them a visit.

45. slemon

May 1, 2013 at 8:19 am

I am torn between intense heartache and rage. I am a very passive, fair person but if I could get my hands on the subhuman who did this, I would kill him/them with my bare hands. Gandhi said a culture is judged by the way it takes care of its less fortunate and animals.
    The son of a bitch who did this to this sweet little animal should be permanently removed from the planet without one penny of our money being spent to defend him/them!

46. lisa bates

Apr 18, 2013 at 8:41 am

whoever did this to hope deserves to have it done to them then they would know what it felt like

47. Tu Shin

Apr 18, 2013 at 5:56 am

This is what happens when you don’t raise your children right…

• slemon

May 1, 2013 at 8:21 am

???????????????????????????????????

48. Bear

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:20 am

If when you find out who did this, kindly hog tie him and send for me and I will gladly give him a good taste of his own medicine and if it happens to be his lucky day he wont be buried alive.

• slemon

May 1, 2013 at 8:30 am

Call me. I’ll help.

49. katy

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:50 pm

To the TOTAL ignoramus that said he tapes his dog’s mouth shut for nipping….are you too STUPID to realize that dogs BREATHE through their mouth? They cant breathe through their nose, like people do. You are basically suffocating your dog, and it should be taken away from you and never returned.

• Dan

Jul 14, 2013 at 3:35 am

Dogs breathe through their nose. You are another idiot on this comments section.

50. animal lover

Mar 25, 2013 at 5:27 am

I did tape a dog’s muzzle shut once. I did it so she wouldn’t bite when I was removing her paw from a trap someone had set on the side of the road. I got a faithful friend for many years because of that roll of electrical tape. Good or bad, it’s how any tool is used that shows the measure of the user.

51. momaas

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:35 am

Something everyone isnt getting here, someone who did this to a dog IS likely to be working on becoming a serial killer or at the least a bain of society. You say you want to get your hands on this person but if you live in the area you better hope you dont cross his path. clearly psychopathic and deranged. I pray his family finds him help for everyones sake.

52. crookedarm

Mar 22, 2013 at 10:07 am

Has anyone seen Vick lately?

53. jLee

Mar 12, 2013 at 8:08 am

A corrupt DEA poisoned my dog to death, sent death threats and started to use gang members to harass me because I called the San Francisco Attorney General’s office to complain that the FBI and DEA where fabricating evidence and stealing from me.

I have a new dog and hope that by making the public aware of what happened, he is not poisoned as well.

The FBI and DEA are cowards.
    Cowards and mentally unstable individuals abuse helpless animals.

54. sally

Mar 10, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Of course a man did this. Its not about where you lie its a man thing. Look at all the sick things in the world that go on, we live in a mans world. Sex violence war evil. Women need to start ruling this country

• Dan

Jul 14, 2013 at 3:26 am

haha… what about that girl in the balkans who drowned 10 puppies in the river? Or that woman who was kicking pregnant seals?

Moron

55. sally

Mar 10, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Of course a man did this.

56. philly love 63

Mar 10, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Let’s do the same flipping thing to the abuser as he/she has done to this poor dog! I am so tired of hearing about these sick crimes committed against animals, it must stop! So give the abuser the same treatment as the animals, and I could careless of their age. Enough!!!!!

57. kay

Mar 7, 2013 at 10:17 am

i love animals but some of you need to get a life,…I bet you creeps treat your dogs better than your kids…honestly ,its terrible but please shut the f,,k up already,,,Im a animal doctor,im a animal lover,,i have 10 dogs and a cat…who gives a sh.t,

• Denise

Mar 17, 2013 at 8:15 am

And…you’re a liar. An animal doctor is a veterinarian. They have also been educated and know how to use the English language. I feel very sorry for those 10 dogs and one cat. But then again do they really exist or are they living in your head?

• Marcia J. Bowman

Mar 31, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Kay, I would NEVER take my animals to you. Just because people care about the welfare of a little dog, does not mean they don’t care as much for their kids. People that make comments like that are just looking for an argument. You say you love animals, yet you say “who gives a shit?”. You look like an uneducated moron the way you typed his out. Your comments suck and so do you!

• slemon

May 1, 2013 at 8:27 am

There is something seriously wrong with you. I wish I knew your name so I could be absolutely sure you NEVER touched one of my pets!
      On second thought, you are probably a liar as well as a sicko. No vet I know would write the things you’ve written, let alone write them so INARTICULATELY.

• janeen

Sep 14, 2013 at 3:43 am

kay, you are a piece of work. a stupid, cowardly derelict to be avoided (or treated and cured). you should be fined if you are ever caught within a mile of a helpless animal. or maybe dropped off in a swamp. sorry, all, I just lose my head in the face of this kind of criminal behavior. nauseates and enrages me.

• Elaine

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:27 am

LOOK AT THE SUCK ASS LAZY BASTARDS, WHO LIKE YOU THINK, OBUTTHEAD SHOULD HAVE PARENTS TAKING CARE OF THESE SPOILED BRATS THE REST OF THEIR LIVES. MORE THAN HALF THE KIDS OUT THERE ARE A BUNCH OF LAZY F’s. AND YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY??? THEY WERE RAISED BY LIBERAL LOON PARENTS LIKE YOU, WHO DON’T LOVE YOUR KIDS, YOU BUY THEM OFF BECAUSE YOUR WERE STONED OUT ON DRUGS IN THE SIXTY’S AND YOU ARE NOW BRAIN DEAD WITH NO GREY MATTER BETWEEN YOUR EARS TO HAVE EVEN MADE SUCH AND INANE COMMENT

58. laloba

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:43 am

It devastates me when I read or hear about animal abuse. It is one of the most horrible, sick, crimes that exist. I wonder what pleasure s “person” derives from doing this to a helpless creature when all the critter wants is love-and it will return that love unconditionally. Of course, even if they find the perp-nothing will happen to hurt him/her. Just look at that sub-human Michael Vick….If I had my way, these people would be subjected to the same cruelty that they imposed on the poor, helpless animal. Animal abusers are sick, sub-human (calling them animals is way too good a description-animals don’t do it to people, do they?) carcasses of a real human, but inside they are a different species- the evil and the devil is inside their sick, twisted minds. I personally wouldn’t care if they all died in a burning pit. There is too much suffering in this world already. P.S. Michael Vick should have been put in a dog fighting pit alone, with 3 viscous dogs that HE tortured.

59. jr

Feb 1, 2013 at 10:12 am

In the wake of Michael Vick’s, what I consider lenient punishment, I will admit that if I should come across the person who did this, you would have to lock me up and throw away the key. The type of person who did this has no business breathing the same air as these precious creatures. As I read this, I couldn’t help but cry for the poor thing. I have always been a very passive person but one thing I am passionate about is animals. It is a privledge and and honor to have them in my life. It is not a right. I certainly hope that this person is found and justice is swiftly delivered. I would like to think that jailhouse justice might intervene in this case.

60. Mark

Feb 1, 2013 at 9:54 am

Something tells me if we “lost” the person who did this, it would be no loss to humanity as he doesn’t deserve to be a member.

61. cindy

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:28 am

I came across this article while reading an article on “Why do so many Thoroughbred horses go from the racetrack/trainer to slaughter”. A picture of this severely tortured dog was posted after the article. Sadly so many pets/domestic animals are abused daily. Where the people who commit these crimes of abuse/torture learn these acts I can only think they have a dysfunctional upbringing and/or have mental heath issues. To read where people including children find entertainment in torture, get some sort of sick satisfaction because they get a feeling of “control over the poor animal” or worse from a child/person. Where does this stop? I’m thankful this baby has a happy ending. Perhaps with more education materials available and people being more diligent in reporting acts of horror there will be less pain/torture/abuse and more happiness to humans and domestic animals.

62. cindy

Jan 22, 2013 at 8:35 am

Has anybody else thought past the part of taping the poor dogs mouth to “What else Joey T said??? He DESCRIBES the dog escaping from the torture….WHY DOES HE DESCRIBE THE ESCAPE SO VIVIDLY??? Perhaps it was HIS DOG…I would ask the local police/animal protection agencies to talk to local schools..Kids tell other kids all sorts of things.. Kids learn how to be abusive by witnessing abuse…Imagine being a kid living in this jerks house/living in this jerks neighborhood and witnessing this torture….Maybe a teacher/parent might know and would come forward if someone went locally in the area where the dog was found…Its so scary… Joey T talks like he is still doing this on a regular basis… I pray someone knows this jerk and comes forward….Every day is another day this jerk is being abusive…I hope he doesn’t own any other pets! Doesn’t animal planet have a show featuring Texas ASPC rescues and ASPC police investigations? Maybe the huge donations can help fund the investigation….God Speed.

• anyone

Oct 1, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Animal Planet USED to be about fighting for animals rights, but now it’s definitely NOT.

Now it features “wildlife control” showing big, tatooed bearded guys TORMENTING WILDLIFE.

I was flipping channels, and saw these thugs tormenting a coyote in a cave. poking it with a stick, so it would snap in defense, to show viewers how “aggressive” it is. The poor coyote, tried to squish itself in a narrow crevice to ESCAPE. Who is the aggressor? THE HUMAN THUGS. I wanted to reach through the TV, and save the little thing, from the idiotic human BRUTES.

63. laurie

Dec 15, 2012 at 1:42 pm

I was wondering if anyone heard of any other updates of Hope. I know the people who found her on or near their farm had adopted her. Just curious because I like to see if they have a facebook page with updates on this baby?

64. dp

Dec 14, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Any Facebook page on her so we can find updates?

65. carol

Dec 13, 2012 at 2:05 pm

dogs are just like childern they need to be taught right from wrong. my grandson had to be taught that it was not ok to bit we didnot tape his mouth shout we had to keep a postive reinforce of that is the wrong thing to do which is the same that should be done with any other animal. mybe the kids need to be taught how mto handle the puppy, the puppy was just doing what it knew to do to protect himself for nobody else was helping him. if you get a animal you are reponsable for them ther whole life if you cannot commite to that then you donot need a animal. anybody that is curl to a animal should have the same done to them. if a person is cure to a helpless animal just how far is that curlity going to go, for there are times it goes on to the two leg animal with is us, if we know of someone that is cure to a animal of any kind it is are duty to turn them in or we are just as guilty as the person doing the crime. well enough i could keep going on and on but i hope you understand what i mean thank to all that help the animals that cannot help them selves

66. chlomyster

Nov 19, 2012 at 5:35 am

A dog never asks for anything more than to be loved, cared for and fed. They truly are one of the most forgiving species on this planet. Even after prolonged abuse they are still capable of showing unconditional love and trust to strangers. I hope the person when caught has the due in court. I wonder if years from now they will look back to their terrible deed and and be as remorseful as this poor dog is forgiving. This is one dog out of thousands that will be maimed and tortured this year I sure wish our animal laws were stronger in their defense. They are the silent victim in this too.

67. Yanks and english suck

Nov 17, 2012 at 4:23 am

Sick english and ameican scum people…do nothing when arab and muslim children get slaughtered by israeli bombs and missiles….
    Yet go ape sh!t over a little doggie

• chlomyster

Nov 19, 2012 at 5:41 am

I have been asking that question for a long time too. I will once again pose it to your brethren in Saudi Arabia as to why they have taking a sitting on the fence attitude as well. Have a nice day 🙂

• Louise Peacock

Nov 29, 2012 at 8:53 am

Yeah – that’s right we go ape shit over a little doggie.

And that is what this thread is about, so maybe you should keep your hate-speak for another topic.

• Kimberly Glasnapp

Dec 19, 2012 at 6:03 pm

I’m not trying to speak for others here, but if that question were presented to ME, I’d tell you ‘Yes, that’s right! You’re damn fucking straight I don’t give a shit about you killing your babies when you’ll just turn them into killing machines and in the name of religion?! All you dirty, smelly, ignorant scum sucking idiots can kill each other for all I care, or kill yourselves. You kill in the name of religion and expect sympathy, and you all others scum? You’re a complete lost cause, I don’t even know why I’m commenting. Actually I do, for everyone else who’s reading this, cuz I know you’re just a troll. And besides, why would we feel sorry for you over there bombing each other? At least a human can ask for help, or leave a situation, but animals are like babies.
      These people are just giving the voiceless a voice.

• JoeW

Apr 5, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Worthless kids anyway…

• Moriah

Jul 28, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Yanks, perhaps your country should quit trying to wipe Isarel off the map. They have more right to their country than Muslims do and they have a right to exist. You quit killing them and they will quit killing you.
      Anyone who mistreats an animal should be tied to a post and beaten with a lash, then fed dry dog food for a month.

• Elaine

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:07 am

F’ off you terrorist sympathetic idiot screw you Palestinian rag headed bastards who think you own Israel, You are nothing but camel flea infested nomadic gypsie trash, that NO one in the Middle East wants. I can’t wait for the day Israel lets their reserve fly and just bombs the sh*t out of all you rag headed bastards! IT’S THEIR LAND given them by GOD! What has your false god Allah done for your Middle Eastern countries that are the one that are killing your own kind because you are inane, incompetent idiots who all believe in a god that does not exist, PERIOD and you all are to stupid to realize such and then you idiots are scattered all over the place on your stupid unfounded beliefs as the sunnis are killing the shitheads (Shiites) and visa versa. You low life scum can’t even get along with you own people, not to mention you detest the dog as a filthy animal. When it is you and your ilk, that should all be bombed…Can’t wait till BIBI shoves those bombs down your throats and up your arses!!!

• Lawrence Travers

Oct 2, 2013 at 8:27 am

Glad Elaine is not in our State Department.

• Dirk R

Oct 28, 2013 at 10:10 am

Yeah.Humans are disgusting and have always spread war and suffering.Dogs don’t.Same for religion.

68. Dana Deutsch

Nov 11, 2012 at 9:59 am

OMG…I can’t stop posting as I am sickened to my stomach. Joey T….people on here are outraged because the dogs mouth was taped together. Call a trainer and see what they have to say. Even better, please send me your address……because I will make sure you will never do that again. Police are starting to prosecute animal cruelty more and more now and you are committing it. It is a class A misdemeanor in IL. I tell you what….tape your kids mouth. See how they like it. It is no different for the dog. You should not own an animal…asshole.

• janeen

Sep 14, 2013 at 3:32 am

DITTO, DANA! I’M RIGHT THERE WITH YOU! THESE ARE THE ACTIONS OF NAUSEATING COWARDLY FOOL!

69. Dana Deutsch

Nov 11, 2012 at 9:55 am

To whoever runs this website…Joey T should be reported for animal cruelty. He is denying a dog food, water, and the ability to cool itself or protect itself. If he were in my city he would be arrested. As an animal control officer I would absolutely make sure of it.

70. Dana Deutsch

Nov 11, 2012 at 9:54 am

Joey T. what you are doing is considered by the law to be animal cruelty. I pray to God someone reports what you are doing to your dog. Unbelievable. Do you tape your kids mouth shut too? What the hell is that about? do you think the dog knows why you are doing that? How about taking a minute out of your day to train the dog, talk to a real trainer. Idiot…how the hell can you do somthing like that.

Carol. i am from Texas and I have been doing rescue for years and saved many many lives. Thank God I am not as judgemental as you are towards people.

71. Lisa

Sep 13, 2012 at 3:00 am

“Anyone with information on Hope or her abuser should contact Parker County Crime Stoppers” so the police can do absolutely nothing. Or the courts can let them off with a slap on the wrist “misdemeanor”.

I’m so sick of this treatment of animals…it has got to stop.

72. Julie Perkins

Sep 5, 2012 at 1:14 pm

All these sick bastards abusing dogs or any animal should get the same torcher they put upon these poor helpless animals. dogs especially are very trusting and loyal and love their people. how can anybody do this. how?????????????? I am very, very angry !!!! They have no voice, but i am their voice. I will make a difference and so should you. I have 2 small dogs, one i raised from a pup and the other one i rescued. both different because there situations were different. the one i rescued ,someone threw her away like she was a piece of garbage. wandering the streets alone with no one to love her , but i do and no-one will ever hurt her again! ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! reading these stories i sit here and cry. my heart breaks and how dould you people do this. you are not people ,you are some kind of evil monsters and you all belong in hell. where you will be tortured for the rest of your ass lives. we need tougher laws for abused animals. they are living beings . they feel pain like we do ,they love unconditionally. they are my best friends. STOP THE VIOLENCE AGAINST ANIMALS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

73. lucy

Sep 5, 2012 at 11:51 am

Poor baby!! Only dumbasses torture something smaller than them. Thanks to whoever found her hope she will b ok and gets a new loving home

74. elaine wilson

Aug 29, 2012 at 12:34 pm

To the people who admit that they tape their dog’s mouth shut for punishment please let me do the same for you! You are sick! Ever think you should not own an animal? Naw, you are too stupid!
    Punishment for these animal abusers need to be enforced and even stepped up.
    These people tie an animal up and they become God! I am a firm believer that what goes around, comes around so to the axxholes that abuse animals..your day will come around! I hope I am there with a roll of tape in my hand!

75. Joey T.

Aug 19, 2012 at 1:10 am

I found this article to be very one-sided. It is possible that this was a family dog but was a biter. So maybe the owner taped its mouth shut because it was nipping at kids. I do this all the time. Then maybe it got out and got lost. It is not the owners fault this dog got out! It was in the middle of being disciplined for biting kids and it got out!

• Yvette R.

Aug 21, 2012 at 2:55 pm

“So maybe the owner taped its mouth shut because it was nipping at kids. I do this all the time.”

I really hope you did not mean what you just said and you are just a troll trying to get a rise out of the people here.

Whether or not a dog was nipping at kids, there is NO JUSTIFICATION for taping a dog’s mouth shut. Dogs need their mouths open so they can pant in hot weather (dogs don’t sweat), drink, or breath when their nose is stuffed. If your dog is that nippy (and considering that you tape its mouth shut to modify its behavior, it’s most likely not properly trained either), perhaps you should keep the dog away from the kids or tell your kids to stay away from the dog? Better yet, give this dog away?

If the owner was not cruel, how do you explain why the dog’s tongue was out when it was taped shut? The huge gashes on this dog’s body? Whoever did this needs to pay DEARLY for it and never be allowed around animals again.

• starr

Sep 30, 2012 at 1:49 am

you are so right yvette! Joey T get a FREKIN clue ! If you think its ok to tape the mouth shut aND for any reason you have issues and have no business posting here.. the dog has obviously been TORTURED stupid ass

• Joetta Seasons

May 11, 2013 at 11:32 am

Joey T. You are committing animal torture. Just give the dog up for adoption and find another one that does not nip. How about no dog at all until your children are old enough to leave the dog alone so it does not nip them? Obviously the children are messing with the dog and this is the ONLY way the dog can say “leave me alone please”.

• Dan

Jul 14, 2013 at 3:32 am

Dramatics…

• Dana Deutsch

Nov 11, 2012 at 10:14 am

Joey…I am an animal control officer and if I knew where you lived, i would call your police department and have them arrest you for animal cruelty. What you are doing is beyond disgusting and extremely illegal. You are taking away the dogs ability to drink water, to eat, to cool themselves by panting, and to protect themselves. How do you even think that is ok to do? What trainer todl you to do that? Would you tape your kids mouth shut? And by the way, the dog has no idea why you are doing that so it isnt disipline. And how about training a dog positively to stop it from doing something before it is even done. And, maybe you shouldn’t have that dog around children…and have you taught your children to respect the dog?
      I am going to attempt to find out, somehow, where you live. And I am going to report you to the officials if I do. The people on here are upset because the dog’s mouth was taped..if they saw that dog at your home like that, they would be just as upset. It is WRONG and you could go to jail for it. How about treating that dog like you should with love and respect. if not, let me know, I will take that dog and find him a home where he will be loved and treated like he should be. How about this….look at this trainer and think about being a decent guy and taking care of your dog…idiot. http://positively.com/

• Louise Peacock

Nov 29, 2012 at 9:01 am

Dana, you might want to look into getting the ISP to do a track on this jerk, it certainly CAN be done. Possibly through the police, but I know that you are not as annonymous as you might think on the ‘net, so you may be able to get him/her yet.

• patches

Jun 17, 2013 at 9:36 am

AMEN ; I hope you find them

• Louise Peacock

Nov 29, 2012 at 8:59 am

Are you out of your freakin’ mind? You TAPE your dog’s muzzle for nipping? Well, hey 1) you shouldn’t have a dog, since you clearly do not understand how to train it 2) taping an animal’s snout is cruel and harmful, so you should be charged with cruelty to animals 3) be really glad I don’t live in your town, I would certainly report you – at the very least. 4) apparently you are allright with these perverts hurting the dog with it’s muzzle taped?

You are as bad as the perps who did this.

I hope your location will be tracked by the ISP, and subsequently given to the police. (don’t think they can’t track you electronically, ’cause they can).

• Me

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Do any of you dummies understand that the OP is trolling?

• Kimberly Glasnapp

Dec 19, 2012 at 5:54 pm

I’m sure you’re right, but no one could let this by without saying something, so I guess he’s a happy little troll that his little pathetic ploy for attention worked. What a pos.

• Kimberly Glasnapp

Dec 19, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Joey T. You’re actually saying you “do this all the time”?? You admit to taping your dogs shut as a form of discipline. You don’t realize that’s animal abuse? You’re actually sympathizing with the animal abuser in this case? Wow. Now I really HAVE seen it all. Please talk to a trainer, or anyone knowledgeable about animals about it, don’t tape your dogs mouth closed. That is not the way to teach a dog not to bite. Ask anyone, they’ll tell you how absolutely WRONG that is.

• Sly

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Joey, was this your dog? Even if it isn’t and you do that to your own dog, I will not stop until I have tracked you down and made sure you are arrested for cruelty to animals. You are locatable in case you think you’re not. Asshole! You don’t deserve to ever own a dog, much less children since you don’t have a decent bone in your body. You’ll pay. And, if not in this life, then in the next. I guarantee it!!

• Candie

Mar 15, 2013 at 8:58 am

See carol can say racists stuff and its okay calling whitew trash but if someone elides to say welfare or foodstamps well then OMG. Poor dog. I hope they catch that person soon and that he’a not white trash like carol said. Loser.

• Candie

Mar 15, 2013 at 9:02 am

I find you to be despicable and sick. Maybe your brats shouldnt incite the dog to nip at them. Freak. Here let me tape up one of your kids mouth for screaming. Please relinquish your dog you dont deserve a pet. Let your kids entertain you.

• Denise

Mar 17, 2013 at 8:00 am

Joey….you’re an [email protected]@. I hope someone out there that knows you turns you in for your treatment of your poor dog. I say tape the kids up and see how far that’ll get ya.

• Jojomonkeygirl

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:41 am

A dog’s nostrils run down the length of it’s muzzle. If someone tapes or holds the muzzle the dog can suffocate. Some people can be so cruel and it has nothing to do with what state they live in.

• Marcia J. Bowman

Mar 31, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Joey T. Why do you assume that this dog was being punished? Why does your dog nip at your kids? Do they tease and hurt it? If you tape your dogs mouth shut, it sounds to me like you shouldn’t have a dog, and if you let your kids torture it, sounds like you shouldn’t have kids either. This dog had incisions all over it, how do you explain that?? Oh, and by the way if your pet gets out and is hurt, IT IS YOUR FAULT. You sound like an abusive pet owner, do the dog a favor and give to someone who will not abuse it.

• Dianne Pruitt

Apr 1, 2013 at 4:56 am

Joey T. You are a &$&^*))_)* if you do that to your dog. Why don’t you have the guts to put your last name on here. afraid some of your friends would kick your ass. I’ll bet you abuse you kid’s also. your a piece of crap.

• Jwyatt

Apr 5, 2013 at 10:44 am

Joey T.
      Hopefully you and your kids all die. It is exactly that kind of ignorance that needs to be eliminated from the human race. 😉
      Joe W.

• Bob Ramos

May 5, 2013 at 6:05 am

So why did the owner put so many gashes on the poor dog’s body and throw her out on the side of the road?

• janeen

Sep 14, 2013 at 3:29 am

joey, this is the sickening action of a cowardly fool. I hope you will be arrested and put into serious mental treatment before you are released. you need to be seen and treated. or kicked and tortured.

• Elaine

Sep 15, 2013 at 10:51 am

Ahh Joey, Maybe the kids were nothing more than little brat bastards who were teasing the dog..Did that ever cross your mind! Someone needs to tape your mouth if you think this is normal behavior, then they also need to hang your ass after you have been taped. Wise up and get educated, you are not fit to own an animal, as that is the only way that the dog can sweat to cool down. And to say that it is “NOT” the owners fault… are you inbred and retarded…Who the hell is responsible???Santa Clause…I can’t believe the amount of vacant grey matter that should be present in the human brain…IT IS THE OWNERS RESPONSIBILITY!!! DUH.

• anyone

Oct 1, 2013 at 12:55 pm

1. this is a puppy.

2. it appears to be a shepard boxer cross.

3. boxers are extremely sweet, and loyal.

4. if you cuss and someone taped your mouth shut, would that teach you not to cuss, when the tape was removed? probably not. The dog won’t “learn” anything from this either.

this probably WAS a dog fighting bait dog, or some sadistic person couldn’t stand the fact that the PUPPY was whining constantly because it’s needs weren’t met.

I lived next to a neighbors dog LEFT ALONE ALL DAY, that barked ALL NIGHT. NIGHT AFTER NIGHT. That wasn’t the dog’s fault, it was the human’s fault, for keeping a dog they pay no mind too. It could have been a pit bull. However, being a pit bull didn’t make it a bad dog, being abandoned and lonely did. When I went out and talked to the dog, he quieted. He wasn’t fixed either, and another house had an unfixed female beagle. That beagle bayed for a mate all night. Male stray dogs came and hung around.
      The chained pit and a scruffy chocolate lab mix, had a heated arguement about the beagle. The beagle had a litter of mixed pups EVERY YEAR I was there. ALL of this, was due to irresponsible humans.

You don’t want a dog to nip kids? DON’T GET A DOG!

YOU CAN’T AFFORD TO FIX THE DOG? DON’T GET A DOG, donate to help a shelter dog, sponsor a dog.

Can’t afford heartworm prevention/cure/general vetting? don’t get a dog.

Can’t afford to feed and house the dog properly? Don’t get a dog!

The dog, will act like a dog. It doesn’t need to be punished for acting like a dog.

It’s UP TO A HUMAN TO TEACH THE DOG TO BEHAVE IN A WAY ACCEPTABLE TO HUMANS.

THE SAME WAY PARENTS TEACH CHILDREN TO ACT ACCEPTABLE TO HUMAN SOCIETY.

TAPING UP DOGS MOUTHES, STABBING THEM, AND LEAVING THEM TO DIE, IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE WAY TO “PUNISH” A DOG, OR ACT LIKE A SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE HUMAN.

• Lawrence Travers

Oct 2, 2013 at 8:30 am

Really ignorant reply.

• Peter

Oct 18, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Are you the one who did this to Hope??

• Marilyn Turney

Oct 19, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Are you retarded? You don’t tape a dogs mouth for any reason. You don’t need an animal if you treat them this way. You need to give the dog to someone who cares about animals, because evidently you don’t.

76. Sam Fisher

Jul 28, 2012 at 2:16 am

This happens thousands of times a day in South Korea. They torture and beat the dog to death before eating them. These are not poor people but middle class. Their are 7000 dog meat restraunts in that country.

• elaine wilson

Aug 29, 2012 at 12:42 pm

This is them there!
      We are here in the USA!

• Dana Deutsch

Nov 11, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Elaine what does it matter where we are? dogs are suffering over there and many are trying to stop it. it is horrific. Elaine do you only care about animals suffering in the US? Animals elsewhere hurt just as much as they do here.

But Sam i hate when people try to lesson the horrors of one thing by bringing up something else. That doesnt reduce what this is…

• leah

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:18 am

Dear me, we do not eat dogs but have a utilitarian philosophy in place when it comes to humans everywhere.

• Dick VanHindenfarken

Mar 4, 2013 at 5:09 am

Kill the SOB that did this, but give’em plenty of torture more terrible than what the Syrian Government does to its traitors.

• John Alam

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:36 am

Chip him with a razor blade then throw him in saltwater!

• Marilyn Turney

Oct 19, 2013 at 1:10 pm

They should peel the skin off and tie them to a red ant bed!!!!!

77. Monica

Jul 21, 2012 at 1:23 am

To the person who found Hope. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!! I live in Virginia and it pains me to think human beings who inflict pain on any animal are allowed to breathe the same air on this earth. To all the people who had a hand in Hope’s recovery: You all are appreciated and praised. I am with Valerie I would also like to be on the Punishment Board!!

• elaine wilson

Aug 29, 2012 at 12:41 pm

I would like to be on that board as well!!

• janeen

Sep 14, 2013 at 3:24 am

ditto!

78. Carol

Jul 20, 2012 at 4:56 pm

this poor dog! i can’t imagine who would do this, but this story is out of Texas, the same state that produced the white trash that tied a black man to the back of their pickup and dragged him until his body tore apart. If you can do that to a person, what’s to stop torturing a dog? I hope they find whoever is responsible and punish them to the fullest extent of the law..the do have the death penalty in Texas, right?

• Ray

Jul 23, 2012 at 1:29 am

Carol, not everyone from Texas is like the person that committed this crime. So from a Texan, you can hang your white trash comment in the same fat a @ @ the your Welfare Check, and EBT card are in..

• DJ

Jul 23, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Really Ray?? Some people get so offended about stupid S#!&. I hope that A$$hole hangs, Texan or not!!

• Pat Anden

Aug 11, 2013 at 8:34 am

Well said DJ I soooo agree. Or better yet do unto others. The SOB that did this is a sick M.F’er

• Peter

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:58 am

Hey Ray, what do you have to hide??

• Brian

Jul 25, 2012 at 1:41 am

While, certainly, not all Texans can be so characterized, the unenlightened mindset bred in red states does lend itself to a culture accepting of these inhumane acts.

• Glen

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:56 am

Ah Brian, you’re a walking, talking stereotype. For the record, I’m Michigan born and bred, and I’ve read just as many, if not more, stories such as this right here in the home of the maize and Blue.

See how hate makes you sound stupid?

• Audrey Albert

Mar 30, 2013 at 3:21 pm

I can agree about the Texas mindset. I spent most of my life in and out of Texas. Most of my relatives live there. Theirs is a different way of thinking about animals of any kind. My grandfather used to bundle up newborn kittens in a sack and throw it into a tank and drown them. My aunt and uncle started feeding a kitten who was dumped at their house, but when it got under their feet rubbing against their ankles, they took it out back and shot it. That is how they think things should be done. These aren’t bad people. They have been raised not to value life other than human. I hope the future generations will drop this way of thinking.

• Kathy Dively

Apr 4, 2013 at 3:01 am

Wow what a pathetic loser to the guy above. You sure pissed off a lot of animal lovers-jerk. Now what’s really important and of interest in knowing if anyone has a recent update on dear sweet HOPE? This article was posted over 9 months ago. Anyway out there have any information? Sending love and prayers to HOPE and her forever family. <3

• chris

May 3, 2013 at 9:10 am

They don’t torture them, they just kill them so they don’t suffer. You may not approve of it, but are you willing to take in all the strays at your expense.

• Elaine

Sep 15, 2013 at 10:37 am

These people are NOT bad people…”REALLY” Then they must be inbred retards!!!

• Allison

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:39 am

TO ANOTHER LOSER. JUST BECAUSE YOUR FAMILY ARE A BUNCH OF ANIMAL ABUSERS AND FROM TEXAS DOESN’T MEEN CRAP ABOUT THE PEOPLE IN TEXAS. WHY ARE YOU EVEN IN THIS CONVERSATION? YOU PROBABLY GET RID OF YOUR ANIMALS WHEN YOU GET TIRE OF THEM OR KILL OR HURT THEM, HEEL THAT WAS THE WAY YOU WERE RAISED, RIGHT? YOU SEE HOW STUPID YOU SOUND? YOU’RE ANOTHER IDIOT THAT NEEDS TO KEEP HIS IDIOT OPINION TO HIMSELF. GET A GRIP WAKE UP AND READ A NEWSPAPER ONCE IN A WHILE. GET OFF OF HEE HAW. LOSER

• Marilyn Turney

Oct 19, 2013 at 1:31 pm

How stupid are you? That’s your family doing that to animals? So your family is the animal abusers not the Texans. We love our animals and have very strict animal abuse laws. Get a life somewhere else and stay out of Texas if you hate it so much, because we don”t need a family like yours here.

• Marilyn Turney

Oct 19, 2013 at 1:34 pm

All Texans aren’t Republicans and we have very strict animal abuse laws. Where do you people get your stupid information?

• Marilyn Turney

Oct 19, 2013 at 2:35 pm

You are an idiot!!!!!!!!

• robiq

Oct 25, 2013 at 10:08 am

reallyRay! you are the stupid AS$^*(&%# you dont need to say stupid sh^% to Carol, she is making a general statement, she never said she was fat or on welfare, or had a EBT card, but I bet you do, maybe you are a animal abuser youself or the guy who did this is your buddy, and you are defending him yourself…. you creep/

• Toki

Aug 31, 2012 at 1:53 am

I’m from Texas and I am not white trash, nor do I approve of the torture or mistreatment of animals. I have 3 dogs and 1 cat, all of which are very much loved. I feel that the death penalty is an escape, an easy death where the culprit is released from all the bothers of the world. I would rather make him suffer for the rest of his life to prepare him for a horrible afterlife. People who abuse animals should be scarred with an acid bath 🙂

• Elaine

Sep 15, 2013 at 10:40 am

then you make sure to put everyone’s tax bill paid from “YOUR” account! I’m not interested in paying to keep these sicko’s alive on my dime. Kill them off, send them back to God and let God deal with them!!!

• Bob Ramos

May 5, 2013 at 6:04 am

I live in TX and the monster that did this is an exception. Remember this happens in other states also.

• leah

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:17 am

Goodness now we are going from one person to the entire state of Texas…there are good and bad people everywhere…begin being compassionate yourself, this person has been abused most likely.

Spread love people not acrimony and dissent… want to change the world? stop supporting violence and abuse in movies, books and any other media as TV. change begins with each person in his own heart.

• Dan

Jul 14, 2013 at 3:31 am

Hey Carol, I guess you didn’t hear about the woman in California beating pregnant seals. Maybe all Californians are cruel too, huh?

You sound like an old uneducated moron who doesn’t get out of the house much. We need less people like you in the world.

• Allison

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:31 am

SO IT’S BECAUSE HE/SHE IS FROM TEXAS IS WHY THE DOG WAS ALMOST KILLED? GET A GRIP. YES, TEXAS IS KNOWN FOR THE DEATH PENALTY. ANYWAY, THEY DON’T DESERVE LETHAL INJECTION. THEY NEED TO BE WHIPPED UNTIL THERE SKIN IS OFF OF THEIR BONES AND THEN HAVE BOILING HOT ACID POURED ALL OVER THEIR BODY AND THEN WHIPPED SOME MORE. THEY NEED TO FEEL THE PAIN EXACTLY LIKE HOPE DID.

• Marilyn Turney

Oct 19, 2013 at 1:07 pm

I am from Texas and let me tell you that Texas is not alone in the cruelty shown to people and animals. All States have their share of maniacs. I love animals more than I like most people. And yes Texas does have the Death Penalty and we are not afraid to use it. If someone kills a person or animal they should get the same treatment. But they should be made to suffer worse and longer. But be certain that God knows these people and they will receive their just punishment. And it will be severe.

• Marilyn Turney

Oct 19, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Texas has strict animal abuse laws and have banned the use of gas chambers to euthanize animals. Most people here are very passionate about our animal. My dog is my baby and I would do bodily harm to anyone who tries to hurt her!!!!!!

• Marilyn Turney

Oct 19, 2013 at 2:35 pm

You are an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

79. Susan

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:39 am

Why are people so cruel? What would cause a person to tape its muzzle shut??? Some people don’t deserve to breathe!!!

• John

Mar 26, 2013 at 8:54 am

My guess would be that she was a baitdog for dogfighting.

• Ned

Jun 25, 2013 at 8:46 am

Isn’t dog fighting ILLEGAL?

Dog fighting and other animal fighting is THIRD WORLD SICK entertainment! Geesh!

• desert dweller

May 18, 2013 at 12:47 pm

I could volunteer some ideas for fitting punishment for this evil bas-ard!

80. valerie

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:14 am

So Happy someone stopped To help Hope. I’d Love To be in charge Of Punishment Of those who abuse Animals. Sick Individuals whom take Their anger out on poor defenseless Dogs. They deserve The same type Of Torture. Valerie In Florida

• Minnie Spencer

Aug 12, 2012 at 1:59 am

I want to be the one to do to the persons that hurt animals the same thing they do to them! It’s horrible and not called for, they are so loyal even after their owners beat them or do things like this to them that it makes me so mad I could kill the owners. Here in Greenfield, Ohio some so called people mistreated their dog so bad and did’nt feed the dog that the cops had to shoot the dog, then the so called people bitched and complained to the media that they didn’t give the police permission to put that poor dog out of her misery. Really? They shouldn’t feed them or give them water and treat them the same way they treated this poor animal. Let them see what it’s like! The dogs stomach was so shrunkun that she could barely breathe and she couldn’t even raise her head, and the cop did the right thing. She had mange and I can understand them not wanting to pass it on to our police dog but they couldn’t even move the dog to get her treatment she was that stiff!!! It’s just sickening that so called people do things like this to Gods creatures!!!! God bless all the animals that things like this happen to and send the ones that do this to them to prison for life with no parole, just like a child molester, or better yet kill both the child molester and the ones that abuse animals because you can’t rehabilitate either one of them and the ones that do this to animals are capable of doing it to other humans so put a stop to it all together!!!

• starr

Sep 30, 2012 at 1:41 am

Hello I agree with everythinbg you said here.. i wish i could take things into my own hands and show these abusers what it is like! poor dog i cant imagine someone wanting to hurt hope its just terrible I hope whoever did this never does it again!!! and gets CAUGHT!!

• faye paolino

Dec 17, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Get in line sweetie. I’m next

• leah

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:13 am

understand your feelings and yours is a natural reaction. People who abuse, have certainly been abused themselves…to break the cycle of abuse and anger punishment does not help. Therapy and healing does help and changes people. As long as we only use punishment with no therapy people will come out of jail and do the same.
      It is difficult being a human being, love breed love and violence breeds violence. Let’s stop violence in video games, movies, books and TV and see what happens.If violence is seen as entertainment who is to blame?
      We have a choice what kind of people we want to be but compromise does not work as we can see.

• eloise

Jun 14, 2013 at 10:22 am

During the 70’s experts said that violent criminals were abused as children. After years of study it turned out NOT to be true. Saying that abuser were themselves abused is a ‘cop-out’. I’ve met many people over decades who actually were abused as children. All NEVER hit their children because they knew how distructive it was.
        If you want to give this person a “go as in, Oh they were abused as kids” you are insulting all those who were and overcame it.
        And giving them an excuse for their inhuman behavior.

• Rachel Plumhoff

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:51 am

I was physically and mentally abused for years. I never abused my children, the special needy children we took in to help, our adopted dogs or any living thing. It is a choice!!!!

• Shannon

Sep 6, 2013 at 8:00 am

KUDOS! I agree!

• Gina

Oct 15, 2013 at 11:36 am

I disagree because only a small percentage of the humans abuse,torture and kill animals. The ones that do are cruel, evil and have no regard for animal (or human)life.

• Elaine

Sep 15, 2013 at 10:29 am

Not if you forgo therapy and just kill them for their unrehabilitated waste!!! I don’t care one lick if you were abused as a child…you inherently know right from wrong and to take out your anger on something that did nothing to you…That person needs to die, they are not fit to live among us, PERIOD!!! I hate the bleeding hearter’s as much as the abusers because it is those who think singing Kumbyah really think that crap resolves these sicko’s from doing what they do…Wise up and realize that we live in a sick and dying world and because of you candle light vigilist outside prison’s for rapists and murders, have NO concern for the victim. To hell with anyone who hurts animals, children, the elderly and innocent, need to flat out be put to death. They are oxygen theifs and take up space for people who care!!!

• Aaron

Sep 24, 2013 at 7:28 am

That was said perfectly…

• Peter

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:53 am

Woe to those who torture innocent animals, they will get their reward because ALL life is sacred and by doing what they are doing they certainly taste God’s wrath sooner or later!

• Allison

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:26 am

YOU ARE AN IDIOT TAKING UP FOR THIS OR THESE ANIMAL ABUSERS. BEING ABUSED EARLIER IN LIFE THAT IS A RIDICULOUS EXCUSE AND OLD AS DIRT. WHERE DID YOU YOU GET YOUR MEDICAL DEGREE? I GUESS YOU FEEL SORRY FOR MICHAEL VICK TOO. YOU’RE JUST PLAIN STUPID. NOTHING MORE AND ESPECIALLY NOTHING LESS.

• concerned

Oct 11, 2013 at 8:40 am

While there may or may not be a direct correlation between being abused as a child and abusing animals as an adult, there HAS been strong evidence that people who abuse animals are significantly more likely to commit serious crimes against other people such as rape, murder, torture, etc. Whether the intent is to punish this person or not, they should be confined and removed from society.

• Dave Schachne

Nov 15, 2013 at 12:14 pm

No leah, this beahvior is sociopathic . Sociopathic mentalities are not cureable through therapy. Sociopathic mentalities have defective brains.Their brains lack one of 3 basic core drives {as proven at the National Institute for Health, Bethesda, MD in 2008}. Unlike any HEALTHY mammal brain, sociopaths do not have anormal drive to think and act with compassion. Compassion is the norm. It is not some effete personal preference. Compassion is a biological imperative, and this by extension, a moral imperative.
        The defective mentalities and compassionless individuals who enact atrocities and cause great suffering can not be “fixed” or “cured”; they should simply be destroyed.

• manny

Jun 20, 2013 at 8:52 am

The person who helped this dog is a true hero in my mind.

• Ned

Jun 25, 2013 at 8:45 am

I agree! This is incredibly SICK. Often SICK people start out abusing animals and work up to humans. I hope this sweet soul gets a wonderful home with lots of love.

• janeen

Sep 14, 2013 at 3:23 am

ditto. nothing sickens me more than these accounts of thoughtless cruelty by cowardly and morally bankrupt fools.

• Jo

Sep 20, 2013 at 11:54 am

I’d love to be the one to pass on the sentence to the ones that did this to that dog too. I’d also like to be the one to carry it out. You can take my word, they would never be able to do it twice. It takes a sociopath to do this. This is someone who needs to be taken off the planet and the sooner the better. This person is one step away from killing people. I am so glad Hope is doing better and wish her a loving home in her future. I can’t imagine what this little dog went thru at the hands of this monster or monsters. I certainly hope they find them.

• Peter

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:55 am

I would throw away the key once locked up

• Sandi

Oct 7, 2013 at 10:58 am

Dear GOD,,,
      Please heal this precious baby an let Hope find a loving home… Please LORD let the one’s that did this be caught…. I pray for our nation to turn to JESUS….. Let people be kind to one another an all precious animals.. they are part of the family….. poor baby Hope you are so loved.. Im truly sorry this happened to you doll… may GOD heal you fully so you can play run eat an be loved by whom ever adopts you Hope…..

81. caroline drysdale

Jul 18, 2012 at 10:15 am

i am so glad she is doing better n hope that someone good wl adopt n care for her n not dump or ber cruel to her cos i wld luv to hv her if no one wants her plz give her a kiss n plenty hugs to her xoxoxoo

caroline fm belgium