Front Page News

Family Dog Saves Ohio Woman that Overdosed on Heroin

An Ohio mother had already lost one daughter to drug overdose. And, thanks to Buddy, the family’s dog, her second daughter’s life was saved from the same fate.

About 2:30am last Friday, an Ohio woman was sound asleep when her dog, Buddy, began acting strangely, pacing around, pawing at her bed, and whining to get her attention. Thinking Buddy needed to go outside, she got up. But, instead of leading her to the door, he led her to her 29-year old daughter’s room at the opposite end of the house.

Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

The woman found her daughter sprawled on the floor of her bedroom, unconscious after an apparent overdose of heroin. Medics administered several doses of Narcan to revive her.

Had it not been for Buddy’s actions, she would not have survived.

“I wouldn’t have gotten up until 7 or 8 a.m., and this was 2:30 in the morning, so I’m fortunate.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest dog news, recall alerts, and giveaways!

You have Successfully Subscribed!