“This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.”
Nestle Purina has asked retailers to immediately remove all sizes and flavors of Zuke’s Mini Naturals dog treats citing a recent quality issue. However, they aren’t calling the move a product recall.
According to Zuke’s Natural Dog Treats, “We are proactively and voluntarily removing all Zuke’s Mini Naturals from store shelves as well as various online retailers. Out of an abundance of caution and to ensure Pet Parents only have the best experience with our products.
For retailers: Promptly dispose of all Zuke’s Mini Naturals products in a safe and lawful manner that ensures the product does not re-enter the marketplace. Please provide documentation of all product disposal.
If you aren’t completely satisfied with your recent Zuke’s Mini Naturals purchase, we are always happy to issue you a refund. To reach a member of our Pet Parent Relations team, please visit website or give us a call at 1-866-985-3364.”
Nestle Purina is asking retailers to remove all sizes, flavors, and packages of their Zuke’s Mini Naturals dog treats, citing recent quality concerns and asserting that the issue is not related to a food safety issue. Although the company has not specified exactly what prompted the product removal, as far back as November of 2020, customers began reporting finding mold in brand new, just-opened packages of the treats.
Zuke’s response to customer concerns is consistently the same. “We’re pet parents, too, and only want the best for our four-legged family members. For this reason, we are proactively and voluntarily removing Zuke’s Mini Naturals from store shelves as well as various online retailers, due to a quality issue with a recent batch of product. If your dog has been enjoying Zuke’s Mini Naturals, there is no reason to be concerned. We took this proactive step with our retail customers and distributors because we want you to continue to have the best experience with our products. If you aren’t completely satisfied with your Zuke’s purchase, we are always happy to issue you a refund. Please send us your contact information in a direct message and we will have a pet parent relations specialist reach out to you.”
Affected products include:
- Zuke’s Mini Naturals Chicken Recipe, 6 oz. and 16 oz., SKU 013423330517 and 013423330210
- Zuke’s Mini Naturals Chicken Recipe, 0.5 oz. sample size, no SKU number
- Zuke’s Mini Naturals Peanut Butter & Oats Recipe, 6 oz. and 16 oz., SKU 013423330524 and 013423330227
- Zuke’s Mini Naturals Duck Recipe, 6 oz. and 16 oz., SKU 613423330533 and 613423330236
- Zuke’s Mini Naturals Salmon Recipe, 6 oz. and 16 oz., SKU 013423330548 and 013423330241
- Zuke’s Mini Naturals Pork Recipe, 6 oz. and 16 oz., SKU 613423330557 and 613423330250
- Zuke’s Mini Naturals Rabbit Recipe, 6 oz. and 16 oz., SKU 613423330564 and 613423330267
- Zuke’s Mini Naturals Beef Recipe, 6 oz. and 16 oz., SKU 613423330588 and 613423330601
Although Nestle Purina maintains that the move is not a product recall, we recommend that any pet owner currently feeding the treats immediately discontinue and either dispose of any uneaten product or contact the place of purchase for a refund. You may also contact Zuke’s at 1-866-985-3364.