“This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.”
Jeremy Renner’s French Bulldog, Hemi, has gone missing and the actor is looking for your help!
On July 19th, the 1-year old, 25-pound French Bulldog escaped from the actor’s Los Angeles yard when a power failure resulted in the automatic gate sliding open. Desperate to bring home ‘Hemi’, the actor has offered a $5000 reward – no questions asked – for his safe return.
At the time of his escape, Hemi was wearing a collar, but no ID tags. The dog is not microchipped. Due to problems with his hips, Hemi requires daily medication, so he may now appear to limp or walk with an unusual gait since being without the meds. He is a neutered male, mostly tan in color with a black face.
Now, Renner has created a Facebook page for sharing updates and information about the missing pup. In response to concerned fans desire to help from around the country, Renner created the following guidelines – excellent ideas for locating ANY missing dog!
If you live in Southern California
- Put Hemi’s flyers in your car windows and/or use window paint to create a roving billboard
- Pass out Hemi’s 1/4 sheet flyers to people or put them on car windshields, wherever you might go (note: it’s only legal if the cars are on streets; not private property). Some ideas for places to hit: farmer’s markets, dog parks, hiking trails, doggie daycares, concerts, sporting events
- Post Hemi’s full page flyer up ANYWHERE: vet offices, parks, grocery stores, coffee shops, pet stores, gyms–ANYWHERE! Report back if you can.
- Check any animal shelter that is near you and report back. We need to check as many shelters in person, as often as we can (at LEAST once/week), because Hemi has no tags and no chip and strays do not have very long before they are adopted out or possibly euthanized. There are two kinds of shelters in the Los Angeles area – LA County shelters and LA city shelters. The closest shelter to Hemi’s escape point is West Los Angeles or East Valley, which are city shelters. Here’s a full list of all city shelters: http://www.laanimalservices.com/shelters/ and here’s a full list of county shelters: http://animalcare.lacounty.gov/wps/portal/acc/about_us/animal_care_centers. If you are outside of LA County but still in SoCal, shelter-checking is still useful; just Google to find your shelters. Make sure to bring Hemi’s flyer with you to post/leave behind. **IMPORTANT: make sure to ask to see any medical hold pets/pets not viewable to the public!**
- Check local print newspapers’ classifieds section for possible matches
No matter where you live
- Change your FB profile pic to Hemi’s flyer
- Check craigslist in all CA cities (both “pets” section and “lost and found” section for any possible matches
- Check oodle.com for any possible matches
- Check petfinder.com for any possible matches
- Check adoptapet.com for any possible matches
- Contact Southern CA vet offices/hospitals to alert them and ask them to be on the lookout for any male Frenchies that come in. Let them know he has a hip condition!
- Continue to share his flyer, photos, and information across all of your social media sites and also cross-post to other relevant pages/accounts, such as pages having to do with Runyon, Hollywood, Frenchies, Dog Walkers/Sitters, Vet Offices, etc
- Email Hemi’s flyer and information to your entire contact list. If you’d like an email that’s already written that all you have to do is forward, email [email protected]. Put “Hemi email” in the subject line.
- Contact Southern Californa area rescues and Frenchie rescues nationwide to alert them and share Hemi’s flyer with them. Hemi might show up in their rescue or be pulled from the streets or shelter by a rescue.
- KEEP GOOD THOUGHTS!
Anyone with information about Hemi’s whereabouts should call (310) 954-9126 ASAP or email [email protected]. And, anyone in the LA area, please be on the lookout for this “really sweet” baby.