Food Guidelines

10 People Foods You Can Share with Your Dog

Once a dog is regarded as part of the household, he usually gets the same attention, love, and affection that any family member would. This yearning to include the pooch in various family activities often goes on at the tabletop. Although there are a lot of human foods that are dangerous for your dog, there are some that are considered to be safe for him to eat.

Table Scraps You Can Share With the Dog:

1. Rice.

White rice in a metal pan.

This is commonly used as a filler in dog foods. Giving your pooch a few bites of it on his plate is safe, so long as the rice does not contain garlic or onion as these ingredients can be harmful for him. New testing has also shown some rice to contain arsenic, so opt for organic!

Prev1 of 10
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

1. Rose Larson

Feb 21, 2017 at 6:21 am

I often combine rice with homemade dog soup from chicken bread and chicken livers. My dog, Billy, really enjoys that treat. Will it safe for him to eat permanently?

2. Mary Nielsen

Feb 4, 2017 at 1:53 pm

Well, dogs are carnivores but they can still enjoy a few plant based vitamins here and there and I don't see why that wouldn't happen during the snack time.

My dog loves carrots, raw ones because they are crunchy and he can sooth its chewing desires with them.

3. Caitlin Waverly

Jan 3, 2017 at 7:59 pm

Add to the list….
    Parboiled brown rice, spinach, squash (all sorts), a spoonful of plain Greek yogurt &/or cottage cheese, a few blueberries, a bit of cantaloupe, canned Wild-Alaskan Salmon, lamb, beef, fish (low-fat, non-oily varieties), various organ meats,
    a bit of organic, unrefined, cold-pressed, virgin coconut or olive oil.

I’m aware of this info because
    Purina Dog Chow killed my previous dog. It took me 1.5 years to stumble across info confirming my suspicions & another 2 years to meet a lawyer @ a local dog park that successfully sued Purina on a breeders behalf.

IMO, dogs should be eating less dog food & more people food. If fluffy can’t partake in the family dinner, maybe the family shouldn’t be eating it either.

4. Pingback: 10 Cheap & Easy Training Treats | My Blog

5. Pingback: Is Your Dog Nuts About Nuts? Know the Good from the Bad! – The Dogington Post

6. Kathy

Mar 9, 2016 at 12:10 am

Dogs are carnivores! Stop this foolishness!!

7. Ann

Jan 19, 2016 at 11:53 am

Plain meat, especially oven-dehydrated, is also good. Regular jerky usually stains the teeth.

8. Max

Jan 11, 2016 at 12:57 pm

A dab of peanut butter is a great way to sneak medicine down dog’s throat!