Front Page News

Dog Swallows Gorilla Glue, Vets Remove Perfect Mold of Stomach

“This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.”

Any parent to a young puppy can agree – if your dog can fit something in his mouth, there’s a good chance he’ll try to eat it. Such was the case for Lake, a 6-month-old Weimaraner, that sniffed out a bottle of Gorilla Glue that hadn’t been properly stowed out of reach.

Lake helped herself to a small taste of the sweet smelling, industrial strength glue and within 24 hours, things began to go terribly wrong.

Krystal Wilson of Oklahoma noticed her puppy began vomiting and wasn’t acting like her usual self and took her to the vet. By the time Lake was seen by a doctor, the bit of glue had expanded into a mass about the size of a turkey leg, requiring immediate surgical intervention.

A rock hard mass that had molded to the shape of the dog’s stomach was extracted, and just in time. Lake is said to be recovering well.

Lake’s family and her veterinarians hope that by sharing her story, other pet parents will be more careful, remembering to keep anything inedible well out of their dog’s reach.

Image 100572046 13348155
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

To Top

Like Us for Wonderful Dog Stories and Cute Photos!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest dog news, recall alerts, and giveaways!

You have Successfully Subscribed!