$1 Can Save Many Shelter Dogs!
Health & Wellness

Dogs and rat poison: worst case, successful case

“This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.”

Buck was the friendliest dog you could imagine. Beloved pet of a Florida couple I knew several years back and their two kids. I don’t remember Buck’s “make”, but he was medium-sized, black-haired and too rambunctious for indoors, so Buck was only allowed on the porch in a big enclosure. Everybody loved Buck who, besides loving you back with endless wet kisses, also loved (surprise!) to eat—especially oranges from the citrus trees right outside the house.

The property in a semi-rural setting had been attracting roof rats, also known as black rats, ship rats, and in Florida, fruit or citrus rats. You’ll know them by their long, dark and scaly tails. If you hear scampering in your attic at night, that’s likely them.

Buck’s owners bought some citrus-flavored poison to put in the trees high enough so Buck couldn’t reach it, but the couple’s young son Logan inadvertently moved it to where Buck found it and—yummy. “He ate it and then went really fast,” Logan’s mother Linda unhappily recalls. “He couldn’t walk, we took him to the vet who said he could try to save him but it would likely not be successful and would cost thousands of dollars because apparently the poison goes through the system very fast.” Veterinarians say accidental rat poisoning is the most common they see in dogs.

Homeopathy saved Sydney, a 3-year-old Blue Heeler (also known as an Australian cattle dog) that loved rat poison. Sydney’s owners were Debbie Loven, a medical lab technician and her husband living in the countryside outside Gamaliel, Arkansas. A pack rat chewed all the wires in a generator on the property so the Lovens laid out rat poison there. Sydney found and ate it. Bad move, but Debbie had become a lay homeopathic prescriber and knew what to do. Based on the etiology of the case, she gave Sydney three grams of Vitamin K daily, along with Crotalus horridus 30C, a remedy made from rattlesnake venom and Sydney seemed to be getting better. Chained part-time and watched closely, Sydney alas, managed to sniff out and eat some more rat poison. Crotalus did not help this second time, so Debbie considered Lachesis (made from the venom of the bushmaster snake) but decided it did not quite “fit” the dog’s symptoms. She went instead with three other remedies, Arnica 12C, Phosphorus 30C and Ferrum Phosphorous 40C. Sydney recovered completely in four days!

IMPORTANT: Do NOT try the same remedies that worked for Sydney. It is vital to know that homeopathic remedies are chosen differently for each case (animal or human) on the basis of individual overall signs and symptoms.

COST: Homeopathic remedies are ridiculously inexpensive compared to conventional drugs, cause no harmful side effects, and if chosen correctly bring about a true and lasting CURE.

Homeopathic treatment appears the best bet outside of conventional medicine. “Holistic” veterinarians offer it, or “do it yourself.” If the latter, a must is a basic grasp of how homeopathic remedies differ from  ordinary medicines and how they are chosen and given. See your local directory for a list of Homeopathic and Holistic Veterinarians in your area.

Image 100572046 13348155
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top

Like Us for Wonderful Dog Stories and Cute Photos!