Celebrity Pets

Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Says Heartfelt Goodbye to Puppy After Eating Poisonous Mushrooms in Backyard

Just a few weeks after famously rescuing his young French Bulldog puppies, Brutus and Hobbs, after the pair jumped into the family’s backyard pool, Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson said goodbye to his beloved boy, Brutus.

While playing outside, Brutus apparently nibbled on some mushrooms growing in the family’s backyard.

“As all puppies and dogs do, he ate a mushroom while playing outside with his brother Hobbs. This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return. I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil’ family members,” he explained on Instagram.

Another reminder we have to live and love as greatly as we can today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed. At approximately 11:15pm last night myself and @laurenhashianofficial had to make the painful decision to end Brutus’ suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heaven. I held his lil’ paw as he was finally at peace. As all puppies and dogs do, he ate a mushroom while playing outside with his brother Hobbs. This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return. I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil’ family members. Thank you Dr. Deckelbaum and Dr. West and the incredibly caring nurses and staff at The Animal Medical Center At Cooper City. We’ll always love you Brutus.. and you’ll always be my lil’ main man and rough housing Brute. #RIPBrutus #WishICouldveSavedYouOneMoreTime

A photo posted by therock (@therock) on

Advertisement

2 Comments

2 Comments

  1. ba

    Oct 2, 2015 at 5:08 pm

    Did the vet give the dog an IV of highly concentrated milk thistle or silymarin?
    This has to be done to save a dog or human liver after eating toxic mushrooms

  2. ba

    Oct 2, 2015 at 5:06 pm

    Did the vet give your dog an IV of highly concentrated Milk Thistle or silybarin. A highly concentrated IV of Silybarin can save a dog’s liver or human liver from eating toxic poison mushrooms.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

To Top
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest dog news, recall alerts, and giveaways!

You have Successfully Subscribed!