Front Page News

Hero Pit Bull Saves Family From House Fire

“This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.”

An Indianapolis woman is convinced she’d be dead if not for her furriest family member, her hero, a pit bull named Raja.

It was Raja who alerted Jennifer Green to the flames that were engulfing her home while she worked, completely unaware of the blaze above her, in the basement.

Green told WISH TV, she was in her basement when Raja came downstairs and started wimpering and whining.

At first, she thought nothing of it. But Raja was very persistent.

“I’m like, OK, something’s not right,” Green said. “He’s trying to tell me something.”

Green followed Raja upstairs to find her back porch on fire, a result of ashes she’d discarded from an earlier fire pit.

Thanks to Raja’s persistence, both were able to escape the home – a total loss from the fire – alive and well. Raja was treated by firefighters for smoke inhalation, but is expected to be fine.

For now, the pair are living in a hotel, which Raja isn’t too thrilled about. But, Green says he’s got a lot of thank you treats headed his way.

“He’s going to get a steak at some point, so we’ll get all that taken care of. He got a lot of treats last night, that’s for sure.”

Image 100572046 13348155
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

To Top

Like Us for Wonderful Dog Stories and Cute Photos!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest dog news, recall alerts, and giveaways!

You have Successfully Subscribed!