“This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.”
Dogs are amazing companions, but they’re also poop machines. Potty training your dog is the best thing you can do for your and your fur baby, but sometimes accidents still do happen. Regardless of where they poop, poop is poop, and poop has germs. This is why it’s important to be thorough with your cleaning to have a safe and clean environment.
Here, we’ll give you some quick tips to clean your dog’s poop from just about any surface.
Cleaning Dog Poop From Carpet & Rugs
There are several ways to clean dog poop from carpets & rugs. One way is by using an enzymatic product on the spot. Start by scooping as much poop as you can and then applying the cleaner according to the product’s instructions. From there, dab the spot with a dry towel. Avoid scrubbing as you don’t want to ruin the carpet’s fibers.
If you don’t have an enzymatic product on hand, another option is to use undiluted soda water directly on the stain. From there, dab a dry towel on the spot and rinse until the stain is gone. Then place a new dry towel on the spot with a heavy object on top of the towel to let it soak up the remaining moisture.
Cleaning Dog Poop From Tile & Wood Flooring
Tiles are much easier to clean than carpets. Simply clean the surface of any remaining bits of poop then use a pet odor and stain remover to scrub the floor. You’ll want to them remove the odor through a product like Angry Orange Enzyme Cleaner & Pet Stain Remover so that your dog won’t keep coming back to the same spot.
- Eliminates pet odors with Odor Stop Technology
- Freshens with a light, clean scent
- Discourages pet resoiling
- Removes tough pet stains like urine, vomit, and feces from rugs and carpets also works great on everyday stains like red wine, grape juice, and greasy food
- SPOT STAIN & ODOR REMOVER: Begins to break down and remove stains immediately on contact.
- LIGHT CITRUS SCENT: Dog odor control formula gets your home smelling clean again.
- ENZYMATIC FORMULA: Continues working as long as any bio-based mess is still present.
- TRUSTED BRAND: From the maker of Nature’s Miracle products, the pet stain and odor removing brand you trust… because it works
- SAFE FOR PETS AND HOME: When used and stored as directed, this formula can be used around your pets.
Cleaning Dog Poop From Vinyl Flooring
For vinyl floors, after cleaning all the poop, you can use a homemade solution from one cup vinegar with two tablespoons of dishwashing detergent and one gallon of hot water in a bucket. From there, dip a brush into the solution and wipe the stained area. If the stain still persists, try mixing equal parts water and baking soda to make a paste which you’ll apply to the area for 15 minutes. From there, clean the paste and let it dry.
- STAIN AND ODOR REMOVER: This product is ideal for removing stains and odors caused by urine, fecal matter, grease, oil, fats and other organic substrates.
- USE AREAS: Nature’s Miracle Hard Floor Cleaner safely works to remove new and deep-set stains and odors from sealed wood, linoleum, vinyl, concrete & ceramic tile.
- PROTECTS NATURAL FLOOR FINISH: The bio-enzymatic formula cleans deeply while protecting the natural floor finish.
- SAFE FOR PETS AND HOME*: We’ve been loved by pet parents for over 35 years, so we know the importance of having a safe and effective stain and odor remover that, when used and stored as directed, is safe to use around pets. *When used as directed. See back of product for use and handling instructions.
- GUARANTEED TO WORK OR YOUR MONEY BACK**: We’re sure you’re going to be very happy and mess free. But, if you are not satisfied with this product for any reason, we will make it right. **For terms of guarantee, see back of product.
Cleaning Dog Poop From Upholstery
If poop for some reason ends up on your couches or chairs, try blotting the area with some soda water or using a pet odor and stain eliminator specifically made for upholstery to remove the stain and odor like this one:
- Fabric Safe Brush Safely Cleans Upholstery And Carpet Fibers
- Patented Odor Eliminator
- Discourages Pets From Resoiling The Same Area
- Product Dimension: 2.25"L X 3.0"W X 11.25"H
Cleaning Dog Poop From Leather
If your dog poops on leather surfaces such as on your car’s seat (yikes!), a few household items can do the trick of fixing the problem. Combine one tablespoon of lemon juice with one tablespoon of cream of tartar. Apply the solution to the area for 15 minutes before using a damp sponge to wipe the area clean. Rinse the sponge and continue until the paste and the stain are gone.
- Odor Neutralizing Leather Cleaner cleans the surface and the smell of leather or vinyl seats, dashes, door panels, and more.
- PH balanced formula removes all types of stains and denim transfer
- Use on leather or vinyl seats, dashes, door panels, and more
- Works deep into the grain to eliminate unpleasant odors
- Creates a clean you can see with your eyes and your nose
Cleaning Dog Poop From Fabric
For areas such as blankets or towels, pre-treatment is recommended before laundering the item. This simply involves mixing 10 parts water to one part laundry detergent. Then apply that solution to the area and blot with a brush, let it sit before blotting with a dry towel. Once that’s done, rinse, launder and dry depending on the item’s instructions.
- REMOVES PET STAINS- Simple Solution Stain & Odor Remover is formulated to eliminate and neutralize tough dog and cat stains and odors like urine, feces, and vomit
- UNIQUE PRO-BACTERIA FORMULA - This stain and odor remover has a unique Pro-Bacteria and enzyme formula that eliminates stains and odors, and helps prevent repeat marking
- MULTIPLE USES - Safely removes dog and cat stains and odors from carpet, upholstery, bedding, fabric toys, clothing, and other water-safe surfaces in your home
- VERSATILE CLEANING - Our patented 3-in-1 nozzle sprayer gives you more options to tackle stains and odor: stream, foam, or mist
- Directions: Product Usage: Resolve Upholstery Cleaner Is Safe To Use On Most Household Fabrics Such As Polyester, Nylon And Cotton Blends. Before Cleaning: Test A Hidden Section Of Fabric Being Cleaned For Colorfastness. If Color Is Affected, Do Not Use. Not Recommended For Velvet, Silk, Vinyl Or Leather. Look For Fabric Manufacturer'S Cleanability Code Tag. Use On Fabrics Coded Ws Or W.
- Concentrated formula use only 2 3 ounce Per gallon of water Cleans up to 1600 square feet
Cleaning Dog Poop From Concrete
For outdoor mishaps such as pooping on concrete, soak the area with boiling water and then sprinkle it with baking soda. Scrub the baking soda around the area and let it sit overnight. After soaking, pour a cup of hot water over the baking soda and scrub again. Clean the area with hot water afterwards.
- For Baking, Cleaning, and Deodorizing
- Free of harsh chemicals and gentle enough to use on many surfaces
- America's no 1 trusted baking soda brand