“This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.”
When a South Florida family adopted a 1-year old terrier mix over the weekend, they had no idea that their new puppy, Candi, would save their lives just two days later.
Silvia Reyes and her 13-year old son, Marcus, were sound asleep Monday night when Candi began barking and howling from the livingroom.
When Reyes awoke, she found the kitchen engulfed in smoke. Panicked, she awoke the rest of the family and called 911.
The family all escaped without injuries, however Candi was not so lucky. When she began throwing up and having trouble breathing, the family rushed her to an emergency veterinarian where she was found to be suffering from smoke inhalation and a collapsed lung.
Fortunately, with medical care and lots of love, Candi is expected to make a full recovery.
“She’s part of our family,” Reyes said. “It was meant to be.”