Are you looking for a fun vacation idea that can involve your entire family, including your dogs? How about camping! The national chain of KOA Campgrounds are pet friendly options for travelers. Many offer cabins as well as accommodating tents and RV’s. As always, call ahead both to reserve and to make sure your pet will truly be welcome.
KOA Kampgrounds are pet friendly and welcome our campers who enjoy traveling and sharing their camping experience with the family dog and / or cat. However to insure all of our guests have a safe and enjoyable time, it is important that you read and abide by the following KOA pet policy:
- Aggressive dogs of any breed are not welcome at any KOA. If your dog shows behavior that is protective and unfriendly to strangers, please leave it home. If you decide to bring your dog and it exhibits this type of behavior the owner or management of the KOA will ask you to please find other camping accommodations.
KOA Kampgrounds are individually owned and operated and some campgrounds may have policies against accepting certain breeds that have been identified by our major insurance provider as having a history of unfriendly and aggressive behavior to both other dogs and to humans. These breeds are Pit Bulls and Pit Bull mixes, Rottweilers and Dobermans.
- Pet rules unique to the location will be addressed at time of reservation or registration. We encourage all dog owners to call in advance to inquire about any specific rules that might apply to their situation. Some KOA Kampgrounds do not allow pets in their Kamping Kabins or have limited availability of pet units for rent. Please call in inquire about availability for you and your pet.
- All dogs are required to be under the control and visual observation of their owner at all times. A 6’ (six foot) leash rule is in effect whenever the animal is outside the owner’s camping trailer, vehicle, kabin, or motorhome. No dog should be left tied up and unattended outside the owner’s camping equipment.
- Allowing your pet to bark uncontrollably day or night will not be permitted and you may be asked to leave if you are not able to control your pet’s barking behavior.
- Service dogs of any breed are welcome at all KOA Kampgrounds. However, these animals must follow leash restraint policies and may not exhibit aggressive behavior.
Find KOA Kampgrounds here. Have you found KOA Kampgrounds are pet friendly? Share your experiences with us.