“This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.”
Do you have a greedy dog in your pet family that likes to pinch your cat’s food? Cats can live with dogs quite harmoniously, but when it comes to mealtimes, your pets might not always get their fair share! Many dogs will eat anything in sight, while cats might prefer to graze, eating smaller meals throughout the day.
Obesity in pets is a big problem as it can lead to serious health issues. When you have multiple mouths to feed, juggling their food can be difficult. Keeping your dog separate from your cat while they are feeding is not always practical, especially if your cat likes to graze.
This is where the from SureFlap comes in. The feeder has a lid that only opens for a registered pet’s microchip or RFID collar tag, so that only they have access to their food. By serving your cat’s food in the feeder, they will be able to eat whenever they choose.
It’s the perfect, high-tech solution to an age-old problem!
How it works
When a registered pet approaches the SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder, it recognizes their microchip or RFID collar tag and the lid slides open. Once they have finished eating and they move away, the lid closes, keeping all other pets out.
The feeder has been designed for cats, but it can also be used by small dogs.
- Stop your dog stealing the cat’s food so that both your pets can lead healthier lifestyles
- Control your dog’s diet and weight to reduce the chances of your dog developing weight related illnesses
- Ensure your cat can eat their food whenever they choose
- Monitor how much your pets are eating and notice changes in their feeding patterns
- Keep prescription food separate from other pets in your home
- The training mode gives timid pets time to adjust to their new feeder
- Compatible with all microchip types worldwide
- Can also be used with an RFID collar tag (one tag supplied, additional tags sold separately)
- Battery powered – requires 4 x C cell batteries (not included, battery life 6+ months)
- Battery indicator light flashes when the batteries need changing
- One single grey bowl, one split grey bowl and one grey mat included
- Additional bowls and mats in green, blue, pink and grey can be purchased separately
- Stores up to 32 pets, so one feeder can be used with more than one pet if needed