“This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.”
This article from www.edmunds.com gives a very practical top 10 tips for traveling with your dog. As you read through them, you’ll realize the strong similarities between the care needed for your children and your dog. Before you take them on a trip you need to make sure they’re healthy, can find their way home if lost, and are kept safe during your travels.
- Carry a health certificate from your vet, including proof of an updated rabies vaccine.
- Ensure your dog wears a collar tagged with your home address and phone.
- Pack – and plan – for your dog.
- Use a safety restraint for your dog in the car.
- No leash or harness can keep your dog safe in the back of a pick-up truck.
- Dogs can get car sick; if yours is prone to this malady, there are steps you can take.
- Do not allow your dog to stick his head out the window.
- Never leave your dog alone in the car, especially in the summer with the windows up.
- Take frequent breaks.
- Avoid poison and choking hazards.
Adherence to these top 10 tips for traveling with your dog will make sure he enjoys the trip as much as you do.