Twitter Users Save Denver Dog From Freezing Outside - The Dogington Post
Awesome Stories

Twitter Users Save Denver Dog From Freezing Outside

Image via Twitter.

Image via Twitter.

When Twitter user Tonee Lawrence spotted a dog, curled up next to home for warmth, covered in and surrounded by freezing snow in Denver, she couldn’t just turn a blind eye.

She snapped a photo and sent a Tweet to her local Denver, Colorado news channel with the caption, “What can we do?  Called 311 & animal control, owners aren’t home.”

The photo immediately went viral as animal lovers, concerned for the dog’s well-being re-tweeted the image around the world. The local news station found out the home’s address and contacted Denver Police.

Denver Police quickly followed up, letting those following the Tweets know that Animal Control had been alerted.

Shortly after their first Tweet, Denver Police followed up again, explaining that the dog was a Husky, liked being outside in the snow, and had shelter available:

While some followers backed off after hearing the dog was a “snow dog” and preferred to be outside, others weren’t quieted so easily. Tonee, our dog loving samaritan, responded accordingly:

We totally agree.

And, so did Twitter user Romina Herrera who had this alarming image to illustrate her point:

Persistence paid off in the end and the dog was brought inside.

1. Steve

Nov 16, 2014 at 2:47 pm

I have a chow husky mix (snow dog) and we have pictures of him in sub-zero temps sleeping in a snow drift outside our door. He was welcome and able to come inside at any time but stayed out there completely by choice.

2. angela wallace

Nov 14, 2014 at 9:31 pm

I agree I live in the south were it’s warmer but I still keep my animals in an warm. Animals do have feelings too people.

3. L ramirez

Nov 14, 2014 at 10:49 am

This was not about abortion !!! It is about animal abuse !! Your an idiot !

4. Lady Dy

Nov 13, 2014 at 5:59 pm

I am very happy that the dig was a Husky but it’s like saying I’m a Northern and I am going to sleep outside because I am use to the snow and strong winds!
    Common sense should kick in! Allow the dog play time & balance it out.

I am a fur mom and wouldn’t dare allow my baby to stay in the snow!

5. Ken

Nov 13, 2014 at 5:12 pm

I wonder how many of these concerned citizens support abortion?

• Gloria

Nov 13, 2014 at 5:50 pm

This isn’t about abortion. That’s a completely different subject!!! I’m against abortion, but I don’t believe a dog, cat or any animal should be left out in freezing cold WITH OUT shelter!

• KDS

Nov 13, 2014 at 9:30 pm

You just proved my point. The worst dog is better than most people and by most I mean people like you. I would save 1,000 animals before saving one human to include those unborn because animals don’t lie, cheat, have hidden agendas, or think they are holier than others like you obviously do. In fact since so many fetuses grow up and twist logic like you do, all the more reason that I would prefer to save the innocent dog who is about to freeze to death at the hands of some cruel and stupid human every chance I can get.

• Mei-Lin

Nov 14, 2014 at 9:12 am

Unless I’m missing something and there’s a hidden or deleted post, the person above simply said that they’re against both abortion and animal cruelty/ neglect. How is that twisting logic or being holier-than-thou?

• KDS

Nov 15, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Wow. You are totally missing his point which is that he doesn’t give a hoot about animals— so much so that he thinks that all of the people who were so concerned about this poor dog have misplaced their sympathies. Better they should be out there fighting for the unborn and not some dog that’s about to freeze to death. Don’t you get it? He thinks he’s better because he cares more about the unborn than an animal who through no fault of his own is about to die. That’s why I say once again, the worst dog is better than most humans and much more worthy of being saved.

6. kathy

Nov 13, 2014 at 3:45 pm

HAVE COMPASSION HUMANS!!!! DOGS HAS FEELINGS, RESPECT THEIR NEEDS, IDIOTS! UGH WISH I CAN THROW ROCKS AT YOUR WINDOWS SO THE COLD WILL GO INSIDE YOUR HOUSE.