“This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.”
A happy dog is a friendly and more lovable member of your family, so here are 21 ways to make your dog happy. And we all want our dogs to be happy!
21 Ways to Make Your Dog Happy
1) Go for a ride in the car together. Dogs love to put their head out the window and take in all the scenery and smells.
2) Treat your best friend for fleas. This can be done in several ways so speak to your vet about the best method for your breed of dog.
3) One of the best of the 21 ways to make your dog happy is taking him or her to a groomer for a bit of the personal touch. Your dog will feel great and so will you.
4) Exercise and play with your dog. You will both feel better.
5) Keep fresh water available for your dog so he has good clean water when thirsty. Change the water daily.
6) Take a daily walk together. You will both feel better and healthier.
7) One of my favorite ways I keep my dogs happy is to go to the local park and play Frisbee with them. They love it and we all get plenty of exercise.
8) Speak with your vet about how to properly clean your dog’s ears clean. This will prevent ear mites and infections as well as ensure he does not suffer from hearing loss.
9) While you’re thinking about the vet, make sure you have scheduled regular checkups for Fido every 6 months. As explained in an article on the MyFoxTampaBay.com website:
Yearly checkups seem to have gone the way of 8-tracks and cassette tapes. Visiting the veterinarian at least twice a year ensures long-term health and well-being for your dog.
10) Another of the great 21 ways to make your dog happy is giving him a treat. This can be for obeying commands to just for being good. I give my dogs a treat before bedtime and they never let me forget this treat time!
11) Do all you can to insure his safety. This can be with an identification tag snapped on his collar, a microchip for locating him if he became lost or is stolen.
12) Take your dog swimming. This is a wonderful exercise for all dogs, especially older dogs suffering from stiff joints and arthritis.
13) Take pictures of him and make a photo album (this will keep YOU happy!).
14) Keep him out of hot weather. Provide shade for outside dogs.
15) Always see to his health with regular visits to you vet. He will live longer, be healthier, and be a happier dog.
16) Give your dog a bath using a gentle shampoo that soothes his skin and fur.
17) Always be gentle with him even when he does a no-no. No hitting allowed!
18) Spend time talking to your dog. He is not going to understand what you are saying but he will be happy you and he are “talking” together.
19) Teach him a new trick he can show friends and family.
20) No table scraps. It is detrimental to his health.
21) Always include his favorite blanket when you go on a trip.
There are lots more ways than just these 21 ways to make your dog happy!
You can no doubt add a few ideas below. Also feel free to share or tweet this article to friends below.