Knowing the unique and important needs of people with dogs, we bring you the 10 best cars for dogs and their people! Every pet parent that travels (even if just down the street to the dog park) knows that having the right vehicle can make all the difference in the world! In fact, many of us shop for a new car with our dogs specifically in mind!
Most things in life are not one size fits all – including searching for the ideal vehicle or finding the newest four-legged furry addition to your family. For the sixth year in a row, Autotrader revealed their list of Best Cars for Dog Lovers as well as the creation of limited-edition goggles for dogs, to keep dogs safe and stylish while traveling in the car with the windows down.
If you’ve got a large dog (or multiple dogs), you’ll want something with a bit more room. If you’ve got a senior dog, you might want something that’s easy for your baby to get in and out of. And, if you do lots of traveling with the fur-kids, plenty of storage space and rear climate control can be lifesavers.
Unranked, in alphabetical order, vehicles on Autotrader’s list of 10 Best Cars for Dog Lovers of 2019 include:
2019 BMW X2
2019 Buick Regal TourX
2019 Chrysler Pacifica
2019 Honda Fit
2019 Jeep Wrangler
2019 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
2019 Tesla Model 3
2019 Toyota RAV4
2019 Volvo V60 Cross Country
Whether you choose from the Top Picks above or shop around for the perfect vehicle for the whole family (of course that includes the dog!) keep the following features in mind:
• A rear lift gate allows your dog to jump in and out of the car easily; it also makes for more convenient loading in/loading out of pet carriers, crates and kennels.
• Fold-flat seats create a spacious area for your dog to sit while keeping the actual surface of the seats clean from hair or scratches.
• An airy cabin is especially beneficial for large dogs to stretch out.
• Rear cargo-attachment ringlets help keep carriers and crates from sliding around.
• A containment barrier/divider keeps your dog from jumping up to the front seat while the car is in motion.
• A low ride height helps dogs — especially older ones — get in and out with ease.
• Rear climate control keeps your dog cool and comfortable in transit no matter what the weather is like.
• A sunroof brings fresh air and sunlight so you can keep your dog from hanging hiss head out of the window.
• Underfloor storage gets your things out of the way so your dog can ride more comfortably.
Through Autotrader’s special-edition website Dogtrader.com, dog parents can enter for a chance to win a limited-edition Dog Goggles accessory through September 12. As part of the program, Autotrader will donate funds to Adopt-a-Pet.com to help get homeless dogs out of shelters and into loving homes. Autotrader is committed to shining a light on dog adoption, which is why, on Dogtrader.com, dog lovers can search for local pups in their area and help get homeless dogs out of shelters and into loving homes.
For more information about Autotrader’s must-have accessories for your dog, pet safety tips when driving or to find your new dog, visit Dogtrader.com. To learn more about the 10 Best Cars for Dog Lovers of 2019 go to https://www.autotrader.com/best-cars/10-best-cars-dog-lovers-2019-edition-281474979945540.