“This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.”
When choosing a dog bed for your pet, you have a seemingly infinite number of options. Consider these guidelines from www.petproductadvisor.com.
Desirable Dog Bed Features
- Provides comfort
- Conserves body heat
- Protects bony prominences
- Easy to clean/washable
- Waterproof and resists moisture
Ideal Dog Bed Choice
- A slightly elevated dog bed style with soft polyfill conserves heat; also the elevated style protects your pet from floor drafts. This type of dog bed combines softness and comfort with durability.
- Choose a style with a machine washable cover that can easily be thrown in the washing machine when dirty or soiled.
Shopping Dog Bed Tips
- When choosing a dog bed, consider your dog’s size and choose one that will fit him as an adult.
- Consider a dog bed that fits in his crate to make his “home” more comfortable.
- When testing the bed filling, it should be springy, not compacted, after repeated use.
- Choose sturdy materials that can’t be ripped or consumed by your pet.
- A donut or nesting contour shaped dog bed that will fit around your pet to let him nestle in the center.
- Some beds have an inner wrap that keeps moisture from getting into and ruining core filling.
Choosing a dog bed can be its own adventure. Tell us your tale.