“This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.”
- This is another recipe for dog bad breath:
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint, ½ cup chopped fresh parsley, 2 cups brown rice flour, 3 tablespoons of canola oil, 1 tablespoon of activated charcoal which can be bought from drugstores, 2/3 cup low fat milk and 1 egg.
- Again, just mix all of the ingredients together to form dough. Drop spoon-sized pieces onto an oiled cookie sheet and bake it at 350 degrees for around 15 minutes. Have it cooled and kept in a container (should be airtight).
- For dogs with fleas, there are also treats you can give to your dog and prepare. Here is one:
- 1 cup cornmeal, 2 egg yolks, 2 tablespoons of garlic powder, 2 cups whole wheat flour, 1 ½ cup of boiling water, 3 cubes of beef bouillon and 2/3 cups of brewer’s yeast.
- In boiling water, put the beef cubes and set aside. Mix the whole wheat flour, corn meal, brewer’s yeast and garlic powder in a bowl. Add the egg yolks and the bouillon while stirring the mixture. Mix to form a dough, stretch and roll it out and use cookie cutters to form shapes. Bake for 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven and leave it there for about 3 hours in the oven (after being baked) to harden.
- Here is also a tasty dog bone treat for any dog:
- 1 ½ cup white flour, 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour, 2 tbsp. oil, 1 cup water and ½ cup peanut butter.
- Mix peanut butter, water and oil, then add flour a cup at a time. Mix and knead the dough out, cut into pieces, place on cookie sheet (ungreased) and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Give these great homemade dog bone recipes a try and watch how old Max gobbles them up.
Do you make treats for your best friend? Please share your favorite recipes below.