Infographic: The Healing Power of Dogs - The Dogington Post
Front Page News

Infographic: The Healing Power of Dogs

We already know how much joy a dog can bring into our lives. But, did you know there are enormous health benefits as well?

It’s been scientifically proven that dogs can improve our mental and physical well-being, just by being a part of our lives!

The Healing Power Of Dogs – An infographic by the team at ZocDoc

1. Vicky Martens

Jun 29, 2018 at 6:01 am

I believe that dogs are the best option to heal your soul.

2. Letícia

Jan 7, 2015 at 8:57 am

Hey, I couldn’t find in your list of sources the one you used in the second infographic. Can you indicate to me which one is, please?

3. Montana C. Hayes

Nov 20, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Could I get a jpeg or pdf of this or a hard copy.

Thank you for your effort.

4. Jan Dunlap (@BirderMurder)

Nov 19, 2014 at 10:28 am

My dog also helped me overcome my anxiety disorder – which included a fear of dogs! Our story, “Saved by Gracie: How a rough-and-tumble rescue dog dragged me back to health, happiness, and God” was published this year by Authentic Publishers and featured in the October issue of Guideposts magazine. Dogs are truly miracle-workers!

5. Brenda

Nov 17, 2014 at 10:43 pm

I’ve always known that my pups helped me in all kinds of ways, emotionally, physically, psychologically. This article highlighted these attributes beautifully. My pups make my life better, by far!

6. Sue Drouin

May 15, 2014 at 8:03 pm

I would to have a print out of this, is a .pdf available?

7. Jethro's Mommy

May 15, 2014 at 4:44 pm

I think the ending of the article is wrong. There are definitely side effects of having a dog.
    Depending on the kind of pooch you have, there might be a lot more furry tumbleweeds rolling around you house. Also, weight loss! If you have to deal with those puppy eye every time you snack, you might find yourself snacking less!

…at least, these were the side effects when we rescued our pooch.

8. Sharon Landy

May 15, 2014 at 4:22 pm

My Dog a Black Lab is my dearest love I need her so very much she is a rescue and will be 11 in July. Every night I pray that she gets to live longer as our first two BLK. Labs only lived to not quite ten yrs. Old.they both go t sick & had to be put down. This one is crippled with Arthritis but on Rimadyr so now a lot better. I just could
    ! She recently had surger for two tumors thankfully they were not
    Cancerous. She was only gone from 9 am – 3pm but to me it was forever before it was time for husband to go get her. Maybe because I am 73 & disabled is why I am so bonded with her. The kids are all grown so are all the grand kids now so no more babysitting. . When I am sick just being with her makes me feel better..I need her right beside me no matter how sick I am. ! ! !

• valerie rykens

May 15, 2014 at 4:34 pm

That’s lovely! You are blessed indeed 🙂

9. Dan

Nov 15, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Hi
    My dog a jack Russell terrier does exactly the same ,he’s like a dogtor
    It’s like he always knows where the pain is !

10. Smaranda Jim

Nov 11, 2013 at 6:02 am

This is so true, I love my dog and would feel far less content without him. My elderly parents are also much happier with a dog in the house.
    It is important to still feel needed as you get older and children leave the house.

11. Pat Ford

Nov 6, 2013 at 12:18 pm

I have noticed that my dog licks places on my body where I hurt or am hurt. It is said the licking heals and it does seem to help ..Any thoughts or facts pertaining to this?