“This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.”
Who doesn’t love ice cream on a sunny day? Dogs generally find frozen treats irresistible. Because human ice creams can contain harmful ingredients and doggie ice creams are often pricy, why not prepare homemade versions of these frozen delights keep your dog cool and happy!
Use yogurt with active cultures instead of dairy products and avoid any products that include artificial sweeteners, like xylitol.
With these healthy, mouth-watering treats, your dog is sure to plant a big, wet, cold-tongued kiss on your cheek!
Drool-worthy Ice Cream Recipes for Dogs
Strawberry Ice Cream
· 1 small tub of fresh strawberries
· 3 or 4 cups of low/non-fat, plain yogurt
1. Mash the strawberries using a potato masher.
2. Mix strawberry mash with yogurt and then freeze overnight.
Carob Chip Ice Cream
· 2 six-ounce containers of low/non-fat, plain yogurt
· 1/3 cup of carob chips
· 1 tbsp. of honey
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well-combined.
2. Pour them into cupcake liners or ice cube trays.
3. Freeze until solid.
Ice Cream Cloud Nine
· 1 ripe banana
· 1 cup of peanut butter
· 2 cups of natural plain yogurt
· 2 tbsps. of honey
1. Mash the banana and then stir it into the natural yogurt.
2. Warm the cup of peanut butter using a microwave or stove until it’s easy to stir.
3. Add the banana and yogurt mixture and the honey to the softened peanut butter.
4. Mix all ingredients until well-combined.
5. Pour the mixture into a non-stick container and then freeze overnight.
Take treating your dog a step further by turning it into an ice cream sundae party!
Ice Cream Topping Safe to Use
· A spoonful of applesauce
· Some dribbles of honey
· Bits of crispy bacon
· A sprinkle of rice crispies
· Dashes of toasted sesame seeds
Feel free to experiment with flavors and dog-safe ingredients to create a sweet treat your dog will beg for this summer!