“This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.”
This year will go down in history as one of the craziest of all time. From a global pandemic that threatened life as we know it, to an insane feud between opposing sides of self-proclaimed tiger royalty, and (hopefully) the most bizarre political campaign period in U.S. history, pet parents couldn’t help but turn to current events for inspiration in their costumes this year.
So, here they are… the 20 most 2020 pet costumes of 2020:
1. Celebrating the biggest heroes of 2020, the frontline workers during the COVID-19 crisis.
2. Paying homage to the Notorious RBG, a trailblazer.
3. People don’t come to see the tigers, they come to see the Tiger King.
4. The creation of the newest branch of the Armed Forces—The Space Force.
5. When quarantining made it okay to lounge around in our pj’s all day.
6. When disinfecting wipes and toilet paper became more valuable, and harder to come by, than gold.
7. 2020 will always be the year every store sold out of hand sanitizer, cleaning wipes, toilet paper, gloves, and bleach.
8. When we turned to one kind of Corona to deal with the other.
9. The most captivating 2-minutes and 3-seconds of all the debates.
10. For the first time since 1966, we can’t watch ‘It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown’ on broadcast TV because… 2020.
11. Voting by mail. Or not.
12. The plague.
13. Those crazy debates.
14. The scariest monster of them all.
15. If 2020 had a mascot.
16. Hey all you cool cats and kittens!
17. Remembering the brave firefighters that responded to devastating fires along the west coast.
18. Working hard to develop a safe and effective vaccine.
19. Dogtor Fauci reminding everyone to mask up.
20. Murder wasps.
We’re still expecting to see dogs dressed as sourdough bread (why did everyone start baking sourdough in 2020?) and dogs trying to exercise away those extra quarantine pounds! What 2020-themed costumes would you like to see?