Front Page News

VIDEO: Heroic St. Bernard Saves Family From Gas Leak

“This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.”

It was about 2:00 in the morning when Dory, a 160-pound St. Bernard began whining and pacing around her human’s bed, refusing to let them sleep.

No matter what her human dad did, Dory simply wouldn’t calm down. That’s when Dory’s dad, Jack, noticed the smell of gas.

He discovered that a burner on the stove had been left on low, filling the home with natural gas.

Thanks to Dory’s persistence, the family made it safely out of the home. Firefighters explained that the family were very lucky. In a worst case scenario, the house could have exploded.

The family are crediting all of their pets – Jack recalls, in hindsight, that the family cats were restless and meowing loudly, too – but gives most of the credit to Dory.

They plan on rewarding their four-legged hero with a nice, big steak!

Good girl, Dory!

Image 100572046 13348155
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

To Top

Like Us for Wonderful Dog Stories and Cute Photos!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest dog news, recall alerts, and giveaways!

You have Successfully Subscribed!